Anybody got an idea where Atomic Defense Helmets are made?

Discussion in 'Non Firearms Classifieds' started by undeadmerc3, Oct 6, 2020.

1. undeadmerc3

undeadmerc3 Member

Hi. I'm thinking of buying body armor and while i'm almost on the verge of buying a Level 3A vest, I alost plan on buying a helmet from Atomic Defense. However i'm not 100% sure where their products are made since their located in California which isn't a good sign considering that alot of stuff from China is imported there. Given the numerous human rights abuses in China(not to mention the Covid-19 outbreak which they tried to hide details from) I'd figure i'd try to buy a helmet from outside China. But before I make an order from them I wanted to know what everyone else thoughts are on them and if there's any details on where they make their stuff. I've heard that they've hit gold with the Covid-19 outbreak, but i'm not sure where they get their stuff from
    https://www.atomicdefense.com/colle...r-set-deal-ballistic-helmet-bullet-proof-mask

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...r-sales-looks-to-increase-team-301069072.html

2. Capacitor

Capacitor Active Member

749? What are you planning to do?

Chainfire and Rifling82 like this.

3. undeadmerc3

undeadmerc3 Member

Well, nothing of any harm. In fact just like how many people have been buying guns as of late mainly due to Covid-19 armor sales have skyrocket. I figured i'd due the as have many people seeing how alot of folks have been buying armor in this period in time.
    https://inhomelandsecurity.com/body-armor-sales-to-the-general-public-up-600/

Sorry about sounding off putting. I wasn't trying to give people the wrong idea. Many folks sometimes buy body armor not just for home defense, but also should SHTF. No one knows what the future holds for this world especially since people as a whole can only consume so much information at a time.

MisterMcCool likes this.
  4. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

5. undeadmerc3

undeadmerc3 Member

Thanks. I tried asking them via chat, but they told me they aren't allowed to disclose the locations of where their armor is made. They mentioned that should an item by ordered outside the US it would be shipped from the warehouse in the closest country. I might try the phone number tomorrow just to be sure, though they might say the same thing they told me on the chat box.

6. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

That’s crap! Buy from someone else.

undeadmerc3 likes this.
  7. undeadmerc3

undeadmerc3 Member

I'll look around the web. Thanks.

8. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

That site is very slick. Maybe a little too slick. Says small business. Located in anti manufacturing California I would tend to think it is Chinese. Especially if they wont disclose. Ask the what the country of origin or manufacture is. That is not disclosing location.
    Hit some of the police sites like Botach although their shipping times are atrocious.
    I probably would not be able to move wearing 20 lbs of armor.

primer1 and undeadmerc3 like this.
  9. PeeJay1313

PeeJay1313 Well-Known Member Supporter

Yep.. Im gonna say it.. No offense, its just different, IMO. 20201006_214633.jpeg

10. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

If you are worried about shtf, get a job at a converted missile silo. The people that buy them are not going to want to do the maintenance and guard them.

undeadmerc3 likes this.
  11. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I find it strange that it does not have "MADE IN USA" prominently displayed on their website- as that may be a sign that it is not. But call, or email them directly-
    [email protected] and ask for country of origin.

PeeJay1313 and undeadmerc3 like this.
  12. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Even if some items are assembled in the USA, many times their components are made overseas. There is not much that we assemble from scratch any more. It really brings to question, what does Made in the USA even mean any more.