Anybody familiar with the Traditions Buckskinner percussion pistol?

Discussion in 'Blackpowder & Musket' started by orangello, Dec 30, 2009.

1. orangello

orangello New Member

Traditions Buckskinner - I found one for sale at a seemingly great price, online. All i know is that it is a 50 cal BP pistol, and it looks about like i want my first BP pistol to look. Anybody used one, owned one, ogled one with lust?

I had planned on ordering a similar pistol, the Traditions Trapper pistol in 50 cal, also percussion, but the Buckskinner is on sale for $100 less than the Trapper. The Trapper appears to be a virtual knockoff of a discontinued ThompsonCenter pistol.

:confused:

2. orangello

orangello New Member

Well, for $150, I'm gonna risk it. I'll post up the results after i get it out to the pit.

3. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

Look forward to the review. Do you already buy it?

4. orangello

orangello New Member

Still trying to figure out the accessories to get with it; i should place my order by 6PM. (i'm sure it will sit there until Monday, though)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  5. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

6. orangello

orangello New Member

Well, my new BP pistol came in the Fedex today! :D I R JAZZED! I am very happy with the appearance of this closeout special pistol. The sights are more rudimentary and historically imperfect than i had hoped, but that seems correctable and probably won't impair the fun factor very much at all. I will just buy the BIG targets.

I won't get to try this thing before the weekend, but i will try to post some pics of the results and the pistol when i'm done perforating the barnside.

My bad TX; i did have that marked from the other thread. I was trying to figure out which "kit" to buy from Traditions. I decided to try to pick these items up locally.

7. MUZZLESMOKE

MUZZLESMOKE New Member

orangello, I happen to own a Traditions 50 plainsmen. It was my first BP pistol. It is not the best one that I have now. For me it was agood starter piistol. The one that I started shooting at 25yd. I was lucky enough to come across TC Patriot 45. It is a good shooter..........Set triggers and adjustable rear sight. I use this at club shoots. But I also use my Ruger Old Amy revolver, adjustable rear sights. The Traditions is a good pistol start with. You can't go wrong buying it. Black Powder is just fun to shoot......
    so have fun..:D

MUZZLESMOKE