Anybody else still rocking a j frame or revolver in general?

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by Chuck Roberts, Aug 13, 2020.

1. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

There as always been a J-frame near me. I carried one as a back-up on patrol and SWAT, and it is still my BU gun.:cool: I teach and preach that the 5 shot 38 sp is the basic PPD, so I have a lot of students, mostly women, who carry them. What I tell people is carry the MOST gun you are comfortable with, becasue if it is 'uncomfortable' you will eventually stop carrying.:( I have a lot of respect for those who still carry the 1911's, as they are one of my favorite handguns (we go WAY BACK;))! But THE 39 OZ is more than I like to carry these days.;) My Shield fills the bill. :)

Chuck Roberts likes this.
  2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

PAN
    Now that you are just going to buy JUST ONE MORE GUN EVER!
    We have you scheduled for a Polygraph next Thursday!:p Followed by a 500 Question Phycological Evaluation!:p

3. PANDEMIC

PANDEMIC Well-Known Member

That's not neccessary lol! :) I mean it is just one more.... I think :p:D

Rifling82, Chuck Roberts and Sniper03 like this.
  4. Chuck Roberts

Chuck Roberts Active Member

I bought my “ one more gun” about a dozen guns ago:)

primer1, Rifling82 and PANDEMIC like this.
  5. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

My brother collects high-end American surplus firearms. Every time I talk to him he tells me that he is done buying guns. Usually within a week he is calling me about his latest find. I have called him out on that lie so many times, I just quit bothering and reply, " yea, right"

With the market like it is, it would be a great time to start thinning the pistol and revolver collection and cashing out some bucks. I was looking some stuff over the other night, and I just can't find anything I want to part with....Perhaps I can sell the Jennings, that should raise enough money for two boxes of .45 ACP! Yea!

6. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

Would your brother be interested in one or more really nice Swedish Mausers? I have to sell some.

7. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

That is a sore subject with me. I had found two gorgeous Swedish Mausers in the same small South Georgia city within two weeks of each other. I paid $150.00 for one and $175.00 for the other. My brother came over to shoot and he indicated that he really loved the rifles, so I sold him one for what I had in it. A month later, I saw the rifle for sale on consignment in a pawn shop, he wanted it to flip to make a buck, so no, I will not put him onto another one.

My son may be another matter. PM me with what you have and what you need.

JimRau and Rifling82 like this.
  8. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

I won't sell any to a "flipper" at all. Not knowingly any way. These are actually nice ones. Not cheap ones. Give me a couple of days to get pics together for you. All are Military OR ones the Military allowed to be slightly altered into a precision target rifle. Such as an FSR rifle or a CG63 rifle.

primer1 and Rifling82 like this.