Any watch recommendations?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Glock4Epton, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Glock4Epton

Glock4Epton New Member

I'm on the hunt for a nice watch for everyday wear. I have quite a few "dress" watches that I wear for going out w/ the wife etc...Not trying to spend a fortune, don't need any special features, just a nice everyday watch. Any suggestions or favorite brands??

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

My friend in Cali swears by the G-Shock watches. But I never wear a watch so I have no personal experience to share.

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I wear Seiko with a dark face. Where I work, the lights are always dim and the dark face and light hands are easier to read.

4. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I haven't worn a watch since January 2007, when I fractured my left wrist. I'm usually surrounded by clocks anyway, and there's always the cell phone.

5. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Depends on what a fortune is, to you? Try Reactor.

6. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

If you like dive watches, look at a Marathon. Try here: Home of WestCoasTime
    Marathon is the issued watch for Canadian C. G. rescue divers and NASA divers. They are well built, tough, and robust. You can get either a quartz ($400) or automatic (&700) and with lume or tritium tubes. They usually come with a rubber strap and a s.s. braclet is avail. These are not plastic cased or cheap metal watches, they are solid stainless! I'm sure some will argue the point, but I think they are probably the best dive watch available anywhere for the price.

7. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

I've worn a G-Shock for four years now. Paid $300 then and its worth every penny. I've done things to my watch that would destroy others. I don't know how many times I've smashed it off stuff and the first thing through my head is "Crap! My watch is effed!" then look at my wrist and its not even scratched. Its also solar powered - haven't had to replace the battery and it will probably outlast me.

8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I don't wear a watch any longer. A couple of close calls in the electrical field will do that to you. ;)

When I wear a watch, and it is a RARE occassion, I wear Tag Heuer. While I am no James Bond, I do enjoy a good, quality timepiece that looks as good as it performs. :cool:

JD

9. 556plinker

556plinker New Member

Luminox Navy Seals dive watch. It is light and indestructible and you can see the number markings and hour/minute hands in the dark AT ALL TIMES due to the tritium. $200-250 you can't go wrong and you will not regret the purchase. I've had mine 10 years and it is still going strong, except for the 3 or 4 bands and batteries that I have replaced. They also come in stainless if you are wanting a heavier watch but they are a little higher.

10. M14sRock

M14sRock Active Member

How do you define "a fortune"?

11. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Heck, even Timex has some nice watches that nobody will know they are a Timex. Aren't they a vendor on Promotive? Yes they are.

I have owned some seriously expensive watches watches in the past, and I went for years without wearing one. Man jewlery, meh. I now wear a Timex that looks like a watch that costs 5x's what I paid and it keeps time just as well.

Dress watches? If it really matters to you, then shop around at the high end retailers and look for sales. There are so many choices out there right now and look at Jewel #'s. Just my $.01.

12. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Anything from Luminox. The most important thing to me is I want to be able to tell the time in any light condition. It doesn't matter if it is pitch black for hours, you will always be able to read a Luminox.

13. WDB

WDB New Member

May not high end but high on use, don't know if they are even available any more but day to day Casio AW-S60. Solar powered, I've had mine for three years and it has never lost a second, needed a battery or winding. Alarm, dual time, back light and several other functions I don't use. Also not bad to look at. I'm a bit old school so still wear a watch daily and this one is the one I wear to work and on the weekends. It has seen less than kind care but functions perfectly.

14. steve666

steve666 New Member

Timex. It still takes a licking and keeps on ticking!

15. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

Timex, i'v had mine for 4 years and it has went through iraq and afghanistan, iv beat the hell outa it and the glass is still almost like new, the paint is faded with a nice wear look but it has never failed me yet and im a man who likes his watches. i highly recommend these, the web site has them for 50 msrp but they sell for $30 at wal mart up here.

Metal Field