Any thoughts on the Norinco JW-15A Semi-Auto 22LR Rifle

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by rmsmith76, May 20, 2013.

1. rmsmith76

rmsmith76 New Member

Any thoughts on the Norinco JW-15 S, Semi-Auto 22LR Rifle, been offered a new one from a mate. What's your thoughts on these??

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  2. natman

natman Member

The JW15 is a bolt action 22 that's a copy of a Brno No 1, similar to a CZ 452.

I'm going to guess that the semiauto is a JW14:

http://www.marstar.ca/dynamic/product.jsp?productid=75410

I haven't had one of those, although I have had a couple of JW15s. The Norinco copies are somewhat crudely fit and finished. I had to reshape the safety on my 15 with a file to get it so you could move it with one hand. Once I got that sorted out, it was very accurate and I've had no further problems. It's a lot of gun for the low price, but be prepared that you may have to fiddle with it a bit.

3. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Norinco weapons are like tanks. Ugly, reliable and accurate.

4. rmsmith76

rmsmith76 New Member

Thanks guys... After reading a bit about them they seem to be a robust, accurate little rifle... I only paid $275 Australian new in the box with a scope fitted... I was after something I could teach my daughters to shoot as they're scared of the shotgun..lol.. Your thoughts are appreciated

5. natman

natman Member

6. rmsmith76

rmsmith76 New Member

Lol.. I do now... But a nice little 22 to teach my daughters with anyway... I've got a couple of ten round magazines with it too, as they only come with a 5 standard.