Any thoughts on the DC handgun ban?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by ss0105, Apr 9, 2007.

1. ss0105

ss0105 New Member

2. 9mmHP

9mmHP New Member

I worked in DC for a while, like the city, but hate the antigun ordinance. Doing away with the gun ban would do wonders for the city, its economy, and its crime rate. I just wish that when I was working for Congress we could have gotten one of the DC gun rights restoration bills passed.

3. allmons

allmons New Member

Honest people have to admit -

firearms bans are unconstitutional. And the constitution of the United States trumps local states and cities when it come to the citizens' enumerated rights.

The DC gun ban IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL. The ruling is correct.

4. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 New Member

I consider it illegal and unconstitutional.

5. mastershake

mastershake New Member

Seems real logical to me. Ban citizens from having guns so just criminals have them. I mean come on, defend yourself with a knife, why would you ever need a gun!

6. Praetorian

Praetorian Guest

yea in DC, most knife owners are killed with their own knives. lol statistics suck, cause after those three poor SOB's the other 97% of weapon related deaths are attributed to people who are killed by criminals with guns who just dont follow the gun ban! Crap, who said laws work? lol

7. Declaration Day

Declaration Day New Member Supporter

I don't know that statistics "suck", but they can be easily manipulated to favor one's views, via omission of certain facts / variables.

8. westernamerican

westernamerican New Member

Personally, I think it is an illegal law, unconstitutionally JUST WRONG!