Any thoughts on CZ?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Thadeuce, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Thadeuce

Thadeuce New Member

I've been looking at getting a new pistol and was curious about the CZ line. I have a couple of Glocks, a couple of M&P's, an XD and an XDm. I like the looks of the pistol but was wondering the pro's and cons. I don't know much about them. If anyone has some info or suggestions about this line of pistols, I would greatly appreciate the input.

2. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

Try one. I did and loved it. I got the SP01 all steel.

3. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Thoughts? Yeah...they're great. Not good, but great.

I'm speaking of the steel-framed model 75 types. The polymers may be nice too, but I don't really have any expereince with them. I would take a CZ 75b over any polymer any time, except for concealed carry (they're quite heavy).

You won't be disappointed if you add one to your collection. It may even change the way you feel about all that plastic. Perfect range and home defense pistol. Every CZ (rimfire and centerfire rifles, shotgun, various pistols) I've handled is an extremely high quality weapon at a fair price.

4. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

I've recently picked up a cz75 compact in 9mm...great gun. Nice solid feel to it, all metal construction so it has some weight to it but feels well balanced. Some plastic parts like the grips I'm planning on changing out but a great value at $500 in my opinion.

Several folks here have full size 75s and they seem to like 'em.

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

The only CZ I have is CZ-USA.
    A C-BOB in 10mm. I would never trade/sell/give it away.

6. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

I have a CZ75B and CZ83 and really enjoy shooting them. They're solid and well constructed. I would change the material of the grips but not the shape. I think they're a great value and will add more CZs soon.

7. tekarra

tekarra New Member

Try one and see if you like it. Bet you will.;) Beware cZs are addictive.

8. knfxda

knfxda New Member

Tried some CZs and loved them. Didn't get it only because of the DA first pull for my wife (for me it was a non-issue).

If I had some extra scratch, I'd buy a CZ-75BD or some variant. (I like hammered guns to have decockers.)

9. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

I have 4 CZs, and love em. Great guns!!!!

10. NOVA

NOVA New Member

CZ75 Compact one of my favorite posessions - see my avatar.

11. Thadeuce

Thadeuce New Member

Damn, you people are gonna make me love you and my wife hate all of us...

12. orangello

orangello New Member

I picked up a CZ75b used for $400 & couldn't be much happier with how it shoots. It hasn't jammed yet & seems to feed everything i've tried. It would also be a badarse piece for pistol whipping somebody.

The only complaint i've ever heard is that some people find the slide narrow for racking.

13. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I actually like that feature. My two favorite 9mms are the CZ 75 and BHP...in large part because of their slim profile. They're no wider than they need to be, which is what I dislike about some of the competition.