Firearms Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it won't be released until March - but does anyone have any first-hand experience of it (or know of an unbiased review)? I am still trying to decide on a pocket gun.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
A canebrake "mea culpa"

Just this, tupperware meets wheel gun, Holy polymer! (But would Batman own one?);

Ruger LCR™ - Lightweight Compact Revolver

Ruger LCRâ„¢ - Video

Outdoor Journal: SHOT Show launching pad for many new items
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Ed Noonan
RUGER
I found this little revolver at the Crimson Trace exhibit. It was on the wall among quite a few other handguns when its size caught my eye.
It’s the new Ruger .38-caliber LCR — lightweight Compact Revolver. It’s a 13.5-ounce, small-frame, five-shot revolver with a 1.875-inch barrel of 17.4 PH aerospace grade stainless-steel with a matte black coating. The cylinder is a new advanced target gray. It has a replaceable, pinned ramp front and U-notched integral rear sights, and can handle the extra power of 38SPL+P rounds.
It comes with a Hogue Tamer with Sorbothane Insert or can be ordered with my favorite, a Crimson Trace Lasergrip. This would be a fun gun for IDPA shooters. Suggested price is $525; the Crimson Trace, $792.
Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

There should be no question on this forum of my position on polymer guns.

With that said; Ruger has my attention with this + P .38 special.

BUT, not with the + 50% cost of the "here I am" sighting system!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have not seen them in person yet but the shops in my area are starting to get them, albiet 1 or 2 at a time and they are gone before they arrive. There are a few of them on gunbroker for insane prices.

Still waiting for user reviews.

·
Premium Member
2,920 Posts
I have not seen them in person yet but the shops in my area are starting to get them, albiet 1 or 2 at a time and they are gone before they arrive. There are a few of them on gunbroker for insane prices.

Still waiting for user reviews.
It won't matter. Right now ammo is virtually non-existant for many calibers.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It won't matter. Right now ammo is virtually non-existant for many calibers.

I can still find almost anything if I go to the local gun shop, they must have some good suppliers. At walmart and the bigger shops the shelves are always empty.

I haven't seen any .38 or .357mag at walmart in several months. You can usually find .40s&w though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.