Any scoop on the Ruger LCR?

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by dwilliams131, Feb 2, 2009.

1. dwilliams131

dwilliams131 New Member

I know it won't be released until March - but does anyone have any first-hand experience of it (or know of an unbiased review)? I am still trying to decide on a pocket gun.

2. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

All I know is, I will have one as soon as they are available...

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

A canebrake "mea culpa"

Just this, tupperware meets wheel gun, Holy polymer! (But would Batman own one?);

Ruger LCR™ - Lightweight Compact Revolver

Ruger LCRâ„¢ - Video

Outdoor Journal: SHOT Show launching pad for many new items
    Thursday, January 22, 2009
    Ed Noonan
    RUGER
    I found this little revolver at the Crimson Trace exhibit. It was on the wall among quite a few other handguns when its size caught my eye.
    It’s the new Ruger .38-caliber LCR — lightweight Compact Revolver. It’s a 13.5-ounce, small-frame, five-shot revolver with a 1.875-inch barrel of 17.4 PH aerospace grade stainless-steel with a matte black coating. The cylinder is a new advanced target gray. It has a replaceable, pinned ramp front and U-notched integral rear sights, and can handle the extra power of 38SPL+P rounds.
    It comes with a Hogue Tamer with Sorbothane Insert or can be ordered with my favorite, a Crimson Trace Lasergrip. This would be a fun gun for IDPA shooters. Suggested price is $525; the Crimson Trace, $792.
    Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

There should be no question on this forum of my position on polymer guns. [​IMG]

With that said; Ruger has my attention with this + P .38 special.

BUT, not with the + 50% cost of the "here I am" sighting system! [​IMG]

4. frank002

frank002 New Member

Good Luck

Good luck if you can find one. I just went to the gun show where I live (Miami, Fl.) and saw just one. The dealer says he can't keep them in stock.

5. Mark F

I'm not surprized! Did he mention how much they are going for??

6. GAgunGirl

GAgunGirl New Member

Just spoke with Ruger Dist, adn they were supposed to be released on March 1st but now all they will say is that they will be released near the end of March.

7. Megaton

Megaton New Member

I have not seen them in person yet but the shops in my area are starting to get them, albiet 1 or 2 at a time and they are gone before they arrive. There are a few of them on gunbroker for insane prices.

Still waiting for user reviews.

8. Mark F

It won't matter. Right now ammo is virtually non-existant for many calibers.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  9. Megaton

Megaton New Member

I can still find almost anything if I go to the local gun shop, they must have some good suppliers. At walmart and the bigger shops the shelves are always empty.

I haven't seen any .38 or .357mag at walmart in several months. You can usually find .40s&w though.