Any revolver hunting pics?

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by Billdogge, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Billdogge

Billdogge New Member

I'm very interested in handgun hunting and would love to see some success pics.

Thanks
    Bill

2. Billdogge

Billdogge New Member

anyone have any pics to show off?

3. Billdogge

Billdogge New Member

someone must have a few pics to share

4. superc

superc Member

The problem is a success pic of the hunter with his revolver and the carcass requires a second person to be the photographer. Most successful hunts I have done have been just me with no thought of lugging a camera along. I long ago found hunting with noise making buddies (or gals) to impact on the odds of success. I have only one photo of a deer hunt with me and the revolver (Ruger Service Six and US Treasury +P+ ammo) that took the deer. It sadly, is in Polaroid format, and doesn't scan well at all after 30 years.

5. glock2740

glock2740 New Member

I have one somewhere I'll have dig up. I shot my first hog with my first pistol ever, a stainless 7.5" Redhawk .44 Magnum. Hog weighed about 250#s and I dropped it in it's tracks with a 180gr Remington UMC JSP. I was on my hands and knees in a thicket and he came charging out and I hit him at 5 yards (thank you God) and he dropped like a rock. I went from scared to death to super happy in a split second. LOL!

6. Billdogge

Billdogge New Member

Anyone have any pics?

7. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

I went out deer hunting a special early season here in MI,saw lots of deer and completely missed 2 deer,even though I am pretty decent with a handgun,getting out there and trying to take a deer is a whole other level of skill.I was using my S&W 629 with 6" barrel and stock sights,the sights probably need an upgrade before I go out in the main deer season.

8. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I've carried revolvers and autos hunting for a lot of years, but I've always yielded to the confidence of my rifle. Hopefully one of these days I will have something to show off.

9. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

My delemma is that well yeah it's possible to scope out my 44 mag and make it shoot like a rifle,I would then I lose my ability to easily carry my rifle or shotgun and lose the confidence of an out of the way holstered sidearm.