Any reason not to buy this?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Scratchammo, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

My only question is on the price. What's the total after fees and shipping etc?

3. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Scratch,

Not a reason in the world not to buy it other than you might check out some pricing first to see if anyone has it for less. However you must figure in transfer and shipping if you get it from other places.
    Obviously if it is here in Tennessee or an adjoining state you can just go pick it up. I was not sure if the dealer you mentioned is close? If not usually one will charge fro $25-$35 to do a transfer for you. And Shipping will be around $35.00 within a reasonable distance from our Great State!
    But the rifle itself would be a fine rifle for you and the Accutrigger is a fine trigger.:D

4. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

I'd order it through my local shop. I just posted the link for a good description. I could probably get it for a little over $700 & then add about $200 for a scope, bipod, & sling.

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Well without doing any price checking I'd say you are looking at a great gun at a decent price.

6. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

Good info. I tried that accutrigger & it's nice :D

7. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

Any issues regarding surplus 7.62?

8. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Make sure you clean well after use that's all. The surplus has corrosive primers.
    It's 308 though. The calibers are close but not the same. I would do some research before putting 7.62 through it.

9. ar10-nut

ar10-nut New Member

Exact same gun on armslist.com, even lefty, for $550 with box of ammo and sling...With accu-trigger

North, fort Collins, Colorado

Just an FYI

10. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Sorry to bear bad tidings, but, good luck on finding a decent scope for $200. :(

11. sniper762

sniper762 New Member

looks ok except for all those accuracy features seem irrelevent without a bull barrel

12. cakesterkiller

cakesterkiller New Member

i could find a lot better guns to blow 700 bucks on i bought a very lightly used ruger a year or two back and put a thumbhole stock on it for less than that.... and ya should figure at least 400 bucks for a decent scope

13. JonM

JonM Moderator

how much shooting do you intend to do?? thin hunting profile barrels you only get 3-4 shots before heat becomes a factor in accuracy.

if most of your shooting is target and plan to do stationary hunting you might want a heavier barrel. if your going to do more stalking about the country side and dont mind waiting for the barrel to cool then lighter barrel is good.

just depends on your usage and the negative you dont mind dealing with

14. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

That's a plus :)

15. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

I agree with you there, our M240's had to be cleaned right after shooting. I checked out a few forums & it's mostly a light grey area supposedly between brands. I wasn't sure if Savage is one of those.

16. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

17. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

WHAT!! :eek:
    Good FYI.

18. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

What would you suggest?

19. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

My hands aren't the steadiest.