Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a home defense weapon with slam fire capability. Preferably 20ga or smaller...something that is easily wielded in a confined area, 6+ rd capable preferred, controllable by my wife (primary user, and experienced shooter) or myself, and won't do to much collateral damage but still FULLY capable to stop an intruder in his tracks from 15-20ft NO QUESTIONS ASKED on the first 1-2 shots. This will primarily be a backup weapon in case something should happen to me if an intruder breaks in, or if I'm away on a business trip and something should happen. Pistol grip only please, the shorter the better. Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
Slam fire eh? Well, Ninja's use a 590 SP if u put a pistol grip on it I 'spose still. Original Ithaca's if u put a pistol grip on them. Check Mall regulations first!

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Something wrong with pulling a trigger? I like guns that I can hit something with. Just saying.

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
DrkSdeOTM, instead of slam fire, would you settle for a shotgun without a disconnector!?

·
Banned
14,919 Posts
What the hell for? In HD you want full control, and slamfire takes away a good measure of control. For that I would say a semi-auto shotty, short barrel and extended magazine. If she can only handle a 20 gauge or smaller then so be it, but I would go with a 12 if she can shoot it. Mossberg makes the 930 configured exactly like I am suggesting, it is inexpensive and reliable as all get out.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h20DECxN8bg[/ame]

·
Premium Member
22,674 Posts
Take a look at the Remington 11-87 youth model in 20 ga. I know quite a few women that swear by it.

·
Premium Member
11,374 Posts
Step away from the latest issue of "Mall Ninja Monthly". If someone is actually advocating getting a non-disconnector shotgun for a novice shooter, they are certainly not your friend. Sounds like someone with designs on your wife. Much more likely to accidentally shoot YOU and free her up for the competition.

·
Banned
18,636 Posts
Maybe the OP doesn't understand what slam fire is? Maybe he's thinking bump fire?

Has the OP even responded?

By the way, I fall into the category of NOT recommending any gun that has a mechanical malfunction, whether intentionally induced or otherwise.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Didn't the old Ithaca 37 have the capability to fire without releasing the trigger?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ithaca_37 I know not the best thing to quote Wikipedia but look under section marked "Operation"

·
Premium Member
11,374 Posts
Win M-97 and Ithaca M-37 had no disconnector. Could hold the trigger and rack the action for repeated shots. Kind of like "fanning" a Colt SAA

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
I vaguely remember something about creating a condition in a shotgun that normally doesnt slamfire into one that does making it a destructive device under batfe rulings.

Justnot a wise or safething to do.

If the feds want to push it its technicly full auto one pul of the trigger multiple rounds just like using a single action revolver heh

·
Registered
820 Posts
I would never want a pistol grip shotgun, unless I could put it to my shoulder. I would rather aim the gun not spray and pray.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
So let me make sure I got this. You won't a shotgun that will not cause collateral damage. That is pistol grip and slam fires.

You do know its hard to aim in the dark while hip shooting right? That is like saying you won't a shoulder fired Ma Duce that is under 15 lbs with the recoil of a 10/22.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Remington 870 is a handy gun. You can load it light where she can handle it or you can load it stout. Short, smooth and easy to handle. Pistol grip will hurt you if not carefull with stout loads. The sound alone of the pumping action of a shot gun is enough to scare most intruders off and if not the BOOM of some Buchshot will for sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Seems to me the OP's original list would be unattainable. Kinda like asking for a unicorn..........

·
Registered
62 Posts
Maybe I have old school thinking. I just think that rifle's and shotguns should have a stock on them not just a pistol grip. A PGO shotgun is not something that is easily mastered or comfortable to shoot.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts