Any pistol grip pump actions with slam fire capability?

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by DrkSdeOTM, Feb 14, 2013.

1. DrkSdeOTM

DrkSdeOTM New Member

Looking for a home defense weapon with slam fire capability. Preferably 20ga or smaller...something that is easily wielded in a confined area, 6+ rd capable preferred, controllable by my wife (primary user, and experienced shooter) or myself, and won't do to much collateral damage but still FULLY capable to stop an intruder in his tracks from 15-20ft NO QUESTIONS ASKED on the first 1-2 shots. This will primarily be a backup weapon in case something should happen to me if an intruder breaks in, or if I'm away on a business trip and something should happen. Pistol grip only please, the shorter the better. Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks!

2. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Slam fire eh? Well, Ninja's use a 590 SP if u put a pistol grip on it I 'spose still. Original Ithaca's if u put a pistol grip on them. Check Mall regulations first!

3. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Something wrong with pulling a trigger? I like guns that I can hit something with. Just saying.

4. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

DrkSdeOTM, instead of slam fire, would you settle for a shotgun without a disconnector!?

5. bdaniel9892

bdaniel9892 New Member

Like a WW1 trench gun? Where do you live that you have to worry about needing something like that? I'd be looking at moving first

6. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

What the hell for? In HD you want full control, and slamfire takes away a good measure of control. For that I would say a semi-auto shotty, short barrel and extended magazine. If she can only handle a 20 gauge or smaller then so be it, but I would go with a 12 if she can shoot it. Mossberg makes the 930 configured exactly like I am suggesting, it is inexpensive and reliable as all get out.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h20DECxN8bg[/ame]

7. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

Slamfire? It would probably be safer to use frag grenades for HD.

8. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

As noted above, I think I'd move.

9. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Take a look at the Remington 11-87 youth model in 20 ga. I know quite a few women that swear by it.

10. salopez

salopez New Member

My wife likes her saiga 410 with a 15 round mag of pdx. It short and fires as fast as you can pull the trigger

11. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Step away from the latest issue of "Mall Ninja Monthly". If someone is actually advocating getting a non-disconnector shotgun for a novice shooter, they are certainly not your friend. Sounds like someone with designs on your wife. Much more likely to accidentally shoot YOU and free her up for the competition.

12. trip286

trip286 New Member

Maybe the OP doesn't understand what slam fire is? Maybe he's thinking bump fire?

Has the OP even responded?

By the way, I fall into the category of NOT recommending any gun that has a mechanical malfunction, whether intentionally induced or otherwise.

13. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

Didn't the old Ithaca 37 have the capability to fire without releasing the trigger?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ithaca_37 I know not the best thing to quote Wikipedia but look under section marked "Operation"

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  14. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Win M-97 and Ithaca M-37 had no disconnector. Could hold the trigger and rack the action for repeated shots. Kind of like "fanning" a Colt SAA

15. JonM

JonM Moderator

I vaguely remember something about creating a condition in a shotgun that normally doesnt slamfire into one that does making it a destructive device under batfe rulings.

Justnot a wise or safething to do.

If the feds want to push it its technicly full auto one pul of the trigger multiple rounds just like using a single action revolver heh

16. 95sniper

95sniper New Member

I would never want a pistol grip shotgun, unless I could put it to my shoulder. I would rather aim the gun not spray and pray.

17. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

So let me make sure I got this. You won't a shotgun that will not cause collateral damage. That is pistol grip and slam fires.

You do know its hard to aim in the dark while hip shooting right? That is like saying you won't a shoulder fired Ma Duce that is under 15 lbs with the recoil of a 10/22.

18. kd5exp

kd5exp New Member

The Remington 870 is a handy gun. You can load it light where she can handle it or you can load it stout. Short, smooth and easy to handle. Pistol grip will hurt you if not carefull with stout loads. The sound alone of the pumping action of a shot gun is enough to scare most intruders off and if not the BOOM of some Buchshot will for sure.

Attached Files:

19. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Seems to me the OP's original list would be unattainable. Kinda like asking for a unicorn..........

20. mongo43

mongo43 New Member

Maybe I have old school thinking. I just think that rifle's and shotguns should have a stock on them not just a pistol grip. A PGO shotgun is not something that is easily mastered or comfortable to shoot.