Any other Tucsonans?

Discussion in 'Arizona Gun Forum' started by Whitewalker1911, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Whitewalker1911

Whitewalker1911 New Member

Any else on here live in Tucson or surrounding cities?

Hoping to find some like-minded, fellow gun lovers around (as opposed to people who find out I love shooting, and reply with a blank-faced "...why?" With a solid sneer added for measure haha)

Mahalo,
    Laura

2. WonderingMind

WonderingMind New Member

We are located west of Ryan Field by a few miles. My wife and I are new to shooting sports.

3. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

I go to Green Valley and Sahuarita a few times a year to visit family.

4. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

me too.. In Three Points?? :)

5. WonderingMind

WonderingMind New Member

Not quite that far, we are about four miles west of Ryan field just past Sandario south.

6. Whitewalker1911

Lived here 25 years yet I never remember where three points is, haha. Technically I'm in Oro Valley, so just South of Catalina and a while Northwest from Central Tucson.

Speaking of, I'm at the Folk Festival to see a friend play, and I swear, every time I drive Downtown, it only ends in tears & ulcer pain. And it doesn't help when half of its under construction so the streets are blocked. Agh! :p

7. Whitewalker1911

Dang, Ryan Field? Yeah, Oro Valley is at the North tip of town, you're WAY on the other side haha. It actually surprises how close I usually am to that area & Ajo when I'm out (shooting, archery, doc appointments, etc)

8. WonderingMind

WonderingMind New Member

We like to go shooting up on BLM land. We take Sandario north from Ajo to Manville turn west and keep going until you run out of road.

9. easterner123

easterner123 New Member

Just moved to the area not even a week ago! I love to go shooting but haven't really explored the area yet.

10. WonderingMind

WonderingMind New Member

I have been in Tucson since the early 90s and an still finding new stuff.

11. HsHrt101

HsHrt101 New Member

Wow, Laura, you must live near me! I'm also in Oro Valley-- by Oracle Rd and Rancho Vistoso. I go shooting at the Pima Pistol Club in Catalina. Want to go sometime?
    Terri

12. Whitewalker1911

Haha yeah! You're about 5-10 min from me. I live down Palisades at the intersection of 1st & Palisades, across from the big white Methodist church.

I'd love to go! I've never had the chance to check it out yet, since I've been doing all my shooting at Marksman 2. But Pima Pistol Club is much closer. Send me a message and we'll set something up! :)

My marksmanship with my Colt is decent, but with my Ruger I'm getting some good grouping but a lot of outliers, too...unfortunately I wear contacts with Torque (even though i only have mild astigmatism, my hobbies all require good marksmanship, hence the early measures) and while I'm waiting for them to come in, I'm stuck with contacts without Torque (not sure I'm spelling that right) so my aim isn't as good as I'm used to. SO frustrating.

13. Whitewalker1911

Welcome! Where about town did you end up settling down in?

14. HsHrt101

HsHrt101 New Member

I don't know how to message you personally, but I pass by your house at least 3x a week... I like to go to the Starbuck's at 1st & Oracle :) Anyway, why don't you send me a message with a day and time to stop by or a phone#. I wanted to give you mine, but not to EVERYONE! Lol! If you live right at the intersection, I'm sure I can find your house. If not, I just make a fool of myself knocking at the wrong house... no biggie :) Talk soon.
    Terri

15. quadB

quadB New Member

I live ina and Mona Lisa for now planning on moving back out Marana way soon!!!!!