Firearms Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are about in the same price class even though the EOtech is using a more advanced technology.

I love the super long battery life in the Aimpoint though.

I own a EOtech 512 which I like and want a 2nd Optic.

Any opinions on those 2?

·
Registered
103 Posts
They are about in the same price class even though the EOtech is using a more advanced technology.

Any opinions on those 2?
I have been trying to decide between the two, I think I'm going to go for the aimpoint, because I don't have any need for the 65 moa ring on the eotech and I dig the battery life on the PRO :cool:

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
bluez said:

Any opinions on those 2?
I went with the PRO for the battery life and it seemed easier to use when magnified

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are both almost the same price and I have no complaints about the EOtech.
But that extra battery ilfe is soooo tempting.

Some side speculation:
-The aimpoint looks cooler
- the EOtech <might> be less likely to get damaged since its sit a bit closer to the upper and it has some serious thick armor.

·
Registered
103 Posts
They are both almost the same price and I have no complaints about the EOtech.
But that extra battery ilfe is soooo tempting.

Some side speculation:
-The aimpoint looks cooler
- the EOtech <might> be less likely to get damaged since its sit a bit closer to the upper and it has some serious thick armor.
I dunno about that, aimpoints are known for being extremely tough.

EDIT: I forgot to mention earlier that I prefer the on-off and brightness adjustment knob on the PRO, it seems like it's much easier to use, especially with gloves on.

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
eotechs arent in the same class as aimpoint rds. not meaning any offense to you if you like your eotechs. the big three acog eotech and aimpoint goes like this in my sestimation

Acog
aimpoint
eotech

just my opinion my wife and i have an acog and aimpoint ive used eotechs. they just arent as rugged as aimpoint rds or acogs.

·
Registered
7,905 Posts
For ruggedness and simplicity I'd go Aimpoint. That being said I have EOTech because I like the speed of the reticle for up close.

Trijicon is super durable too, but some folks have a hard time adjusting to the magnification or finding the right eye relief with Trijicon ACOGs. I'd try an ACOG out before dropping cash on one. If they work well for you they are a fantastic optic.

·
Registered
103 Posts
For ruggedness and simplicity I'd go Aimpoint. That being said I have EOTech because I like the speed of the reticle for up close.

Trijicon is super durable too, but some folks have a hard time adjusting to the magnification or finding the right eye relief with Trijicon ACOGs. I'd try an ACOG out before dropping cash on one. If they work well for you they are a fantastic optic.
I think he was looking at the eotech and aimpoint because of the price point, an ACOG would be much more expensive, although an ACOG would be an excellent choice if you could afford one and didn't mind the magnification.

·
Premium Member
22,674 Posts
This is a matter of personal choice Both are excellent optics.

Buy the one you like best. There isn't any "bertter" between these two.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the input guys!!

Have not yet shot the Aimpoint Pro.
Only the EOtech.

I am just mesmerized by the Aimpoints battery life!

·
Registered
635 Posts
I love my Eotech 512. Its very accurate and getting on target is made easier with the 65 moa ring and precision shooting is possible out to 300yrds because of the 1 moa dot. Im sure the others are good sights but I prefer the Eotech YMMV.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I ended up going with the PRO,as I like being able to leave it on:p
I also have read about issues with the eotech battery case. Whether or not they were true, no clue

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
pagj17 said:
I ended up going with the PRO,as I like being able to leave it on:p
I also have read about issues with the eotech battery case. Whether or not they were true, no clue
Good choice! I put mine on my 1300 Defender until my AR upper is completely built

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts