Any opnion/comparos AIMPoint Pro va EOtech 512?

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by bluez, Dec 21, 2012.

1. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

They are about in the same price class even though the EOtech is using a more advanced technology.

I love the super long battery life in the Aimpoint though.

I own a EOtech 512 which I like and want a 2nd Optic.

Any opinions on those 2?

2. forrest225

forrest225 New Member

I have been trying to decide between the two, I think I'm going to go for the aimpoint, because I don't have any need for the 65 moa ring on the eotech and I dig the battery life on the PRO :cool:

3. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

I went with the PRO for the battery life and it seemed easier to use when magnified

4. Squawk

Squawk New Member

Aimpoint Pro.

5. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

They are both almost the same price and I have no complaints about the EOtech.
    But that extra battery ilfe is soooo tempting.

Some side speculation:
    -The aimpoint looks cooler
    - the EOtech <might> be less likely to get damaged since its sit a bit closer to the upper and it has some serious thick armor.

6. forrest225

forrest225 New Member

I dunno about that, aimpoints are known for being extremely tough.

EDIT: I forgot to mention earlier that I prefer the on-off and brightness adjustment knob on the PRO, it seems like it's much easier to use, especially with gloves on.

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

eotechs arent in the same class as aimpoint rds. not meaning any offense to you if you like your eotechs. the big three acog eotech and aimpoint goes like this in my sestimation

Acog
    aimpoint
    eotech

just my opinion my wife and i have an acog and aimpoint ive used eotechs. they just arent as rugged as aimpoint rds or acogs.

8. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

For ruggedness and simplicity I'd go Aimpoint. That being said I have EOTech because I like the speed of the reticle for up close.

Trijicon is super durable too, but some folks have a hard time adjusting to the magnification or finding the right eye relief with Trijicon ACOGs. I'd try an ACOG out before dropping cash on one. If they work well for you they are a fantastic optic.

9. forrest225

forrest225 New Member

I think he was looking at the eotech and aimpoint because of the price point, an ACOG would be much more expensive, although an ACOG would be an excellent choice if you could afford one and didn't mind the magnification.

10. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

This is a matter of personal choice Both are excellent optics.

Buy the one you like best. There isn't any "bertter" between these two.

11. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the input guys!!

Have not yet shot the Aimpoint Pro.
    Only the EOtech.

I am just mesmerized by the Aimpoints battery life!

12. bamashooter68

bamashooter68 Member

I love my Eotech 512. Its very accurate and getting on target is made easier with the 65 moa ring and precision shooting is possible out to 300yrds because of the 1 moa dot. Im sure the others are good sights but I prefer the Eotech YMMV.

13. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

I ended up going with the PRO,as I like being able to leave it on:p
    I also have read about issues with the eotech battery case. Whether or not they were true, no clue

14. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Good choice! I put mine on my 1300 Defender until my AR upper is completely built

Attached Files:

15. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

So bluez, any closer to your choice?