Firearms Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ones that replace the guide rod. I've been seeing them from different places and now I'm curious.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I were to get one, a sig p226. But I just want to know if they actually work or if they're snake oil.

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
I don't know much about them but I'm sure their functionality is model and caliber specific. The extra info should help when one of our more knowledgeable members comes across your thread.

·
Premium Member
11,374 Posts
I have a Sprinco recoil reducer in my S&W 1006 on my hip right now. The owner of the company is a buddy, so I got mine for free. I REALLY like it. It tames the full power 10mm ammo nicely.

As far as the AK buffers, they have a reputation for cracking frames

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I heard it effects reliability in smaller calibers (my favorites), which is why I'm concerned. No one get on for me for this but I wanted one for a 9millie p226.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have one in my M&P 9mm and am impressed with it. No failures and follow up shots are quicker and more accurate. It has made double tapping a lot easier for me. And fun because I can now do it pretty effectively.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

·
Banned
16,157 Posts
my personal experience and observations has lead me to the conclusion that if a person is getting frame battering, and excessive recoil, then they need to shoot a less powerful round, or go to a heavier recoil spring. RECOIL spring. it's function is to control the recoil and return the slide to battery for the next shot. most of the recoil devices i have seen and used in the past, are more novelty than actually working. a way of separating people from their money IMO. also the more complicated a part is, the higher the potential for another item to break or malfunction. if it's simply a range or target pistol, it just an aggravation, and not a huge deal. but what if the pistol is one a person carries for self defense? IMO, this could be bad.

these are simply my thoughts and observations. YMMV.

Reactions: Pasquanel
1 - 11 of 11 Posts