any one know?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by remington7mm, Feb 13, 2011.

1. remington7mm

remington7mm New Member

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

The lawsuit is working it's way thru the court- here is docket schedule-
    •09/08/2010 - Complaint filed by plaintiff
    •12/22/2010 - Defendant's MTD
    •04/06/2011 - Defendant's MSJ due
    •05/18/2011 - Plaintiff's Cross-motion due

FWIW- FEDERAL law forbids the sale of a handgun or handgun ammo BY A FEDERALLY LICENSED DEALER to persons under 21. Fed law does not apply to a sale by a private citizen to another citizen of the same state. State law applies. In a large number of states, the minimum age for unsupervised possession of a handgun is 18. (Yes, there are exceptions in the law- ranching, written permission of parents, on own property, etc).

3. remington7mm

remington7mm New Member

cool, does all shooting ranges in illinois prohibit people under 21 to shoot handguns with out perent supervision. it just seems a little fishy that i can have it but were do i leagally shoot it if i cant go to gun ranges!

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Remmy- I feel your pain (Gee, who said that?:rolleyes:) When I was 20, I was an Army 1LT. Controlled enough firepower to remove large parts of a small city- but could not go to a store and buy a freaking box of .45 ammo to get in a little extra practice. I have a 14 yr old granddaughter that has been my shooting partner for 4 years- and to be legal, I have to have written permission from her mom in my wallet.

Hang in there- better days are coming.

5. remington7mm

remington7mm New Member

i hope so, this is killing me. i guess i will just have to go to my buddies field. i can buy the ammo from dicks. just wanna shot it now lol