Any one here using a linear compensator

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Nathantc, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

I know there are many different types out here but this one seem to get the best reviews
    http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/KIES_Blast_Master_Linear_Compensator_p/kies-blst mstr22.htm

I know there are better brakes out there, but until I can afford a suppressor, and get done with the wait time, I would like some thing to take some of the noise off of me. I don't shoot in a range so I could care less about noise off to the sides. I have used breaks and many flash hiders but they all make the rifle much louder for the shooter. I also hunt will all my rifles, so there will come a time that I will pull the trigger without hearing protection.

Has any one here tried this, or one like it.
    [​IMG]

2. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

That's interesting. I've never heard of it before. Give it a try and let us know.

I like the PWS and BattleComp. The PWS works great but is, well kinda like a big block American made muscle car, performs great but is raw. The BC is a more refined comp that also works as a good flash hider.

Joebobs' is here in KS. and from what I,ve heard has great prices and CS.

Electronic hearing protection would work great for hunting IMO. I can hear conversations clear across the range yet they cancel out harmful dbs.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011

3. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

Not a bad idea.

I honestly could care less about flash. Linear compensators interest me due to reduced noise at the shooter and still having some muzzle control. I have used a battle comp and it does work great and looks great. Sound the same as an A2 for the shooter. I like the idea of blasting it away from me.

Here are some other types
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. peabody

peabody New Member

i have a levang comp... it seems to help direct the noise out front..

hope that helps.

peabody

5. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

I've used Joe Bob's Outfitters to supply almost all of my AR stuff. Great prices, selection and really great fast service. They have free shipping for all orders over $90 and offer a 5% discount to Veterans just for the asking. :)

6. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

My problem is I live in KS and would have to pay tax.

7. Lindenwood

Lindenwood New Member

Yeah, I think electronic ear muffs would be a better and more effective investment.

8. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

ok i think im going to go with the troy claymore, any one here ever use one