Any one here from Iowa getting CC permit?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Ruger44, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Ruger44

Ruger44 New Member

I was just wondering is there anyone here from Iowa who will be getting their CC permit now that Iowa is a shall issue state? I lived in Iowa for 5 years and was happy to hear that the law finally got changed. I would be interested in hearing how it all goes for you, the steps needed, and how long the whole thing takes etc. I might be moving back there in a year or two.

2. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I'll be doing it, but the new law doesn't go into effect until January. I'll post when I get thru the process.

3. Ruger44

Ruger44 New Member

Good deal, would appreciate an update on how it's going. When I lived in Iowa I didn't even bother at the time. I just hate rejection. Here in Pa, there was no problem. Both me and the wife have a LTCF (license to carry firearms). Before that, I lived in Vermont and as everyone knows they have CC (Constitutional Carry). We might be moving back to Iowa in the next year or two, so I was so pleased that Gov. Culver signed the new law. Thanks for the comeback.