any one doing any good with the deer

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by Bdoss, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Bdoss

Bdoss New Member

its been a rough season for me here in tn wondering if anyone had any luck

2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I've dropped one but should have killed more. I waited during the early weeks of the season and let many walk....I wish I wouldn't have now. I've seen more deer this year then I have in my life.

Welcome to the forum. Stop by the intro area and let everyone know you are here.

3. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Hell ask DZSCUBIE he has deer stacking up in threes in his area.

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

im at four large doe in 4 days. im down in south tejas 1 hour south of san antonio. im after meat i tend to leave the bucks for people into horns so i fill all my tags with doe. got one tag left hopefully get another large one tomorrow.

after i nailed mine i was with my buddy and we had just stalked up on 4 doe when his cellphone goes off lol. he was pissed. moron forgot to turn it off lol. he had it lined up and was about to crank off when it went ringading ding

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  5. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the Forum. Check out the 2010 Hunting thread, several of us have posted of our success there.
    Btw, I grew up within an hour of Ooltewah.

6. BIGP

BIGP New Member

I've had a great season so far took 11 here in GA we can take 12 a year.hope to get 1 more by newyears. I hunt for 3 family's I do like to hunt for meat.:D

7. powg

powg New Member

great success here in east tx

1 big doe ,1 big spike ,125 class 8 pointer ,and a legal (13 inch ) 7point ....im done

8. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

i've killed three does to date; all using a .50 muzzleloader. We have the holiday doe season coming up: It runs from 17 through 25 December.

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

im done at 4 doe. 2 with the remington 700 compact tactical and 2 with the 458 socom.

10. powg

powg New Member

jons . 458 smokum

does that .458 hammer them? i bet if one could attach some butcher paper to base of that bullet .....its processed ..lol

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

it does far less meat damage than my 308. im using 350grn hornady round nose bullets. its basically a 45cal hole on one side and a 50 cal exit hole. the scope i have on it has been losing zero bouncing around in a 4 wheeler first deer was barely hit in the lung it left such a huge blood trail in bad terrain i walked to it with no trouble. second hit just in front of the hip went just under the spine. shock from the round killed it instantly. i spent more time searching for and lost more meat to bullet damage on the two i hit perfectly in the shoulder with my 308 than i did with the two way off hits by the 458. gona re-scope the 458 for next year with a lightweight night force.

12. SHSBulldog06

SHSBulldog06 New Member

I got a small 5 pointer in etowah right down the road from you a couple weeks ago, and also saw a bunch of does.

13. Hawg

Hawg New Member

So far I'm 0 for 3. Haven't had much time to go, just a few hours on Sat. afternoons here and there. My BIL has killed three on our place. I've heard a few in the woods but haven't seen any yet.