Any old hot rods hiding?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Jynx, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Jynx

Jynx New Member

Just thought I would ask around to see if anyone was hiding any old hot rods/muscle cars in their garage? Dad and I are still working on my '68 Charger. This thing has been a work in progress for about 10 years, but it's getting close! Engine is about done, just need a few carb tweeks. Its in for interior/body/paint work right now.

No in between pics, but here's the before (for shock factor)
    [​IMG]

So... anyone hiding anything?

2. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

I had a 74' Camaro that I kept parked for for 22 years. I sold it to a fellow and his teen age kid for a father / son hot rod project in 2006. I see it now ocassionally on a trailer being towed to and from the drag strip with painted in headlights and tail lights. I think they compete in the Pro Gas class.

When I had it, it's last configuration was for road racing.

Regardless, I'm glad to see that it's still being raced.

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

We've got several. 65 Mustang with a blown 331 and a 6 speed, finished. 67 Mustang fastback with a 445 and a 5 speed, still in progress. 63 1/2 Falcon Sprint convertible that will soon be under way.

4. Angry_bald_guy

Angry_bald_guy Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Not exactly a hot rod, but I'm working on an 85 Jeep J20 with an AMC 360 in it. When I'm done with it, it will probably be on 40's and will be wheeled on a regular basis.

5. Jynx

Jynx New Member

AH!!! You can't use the hood of a '61 Vette as a table!!!

I say we should just go relieve him of his burden, Slo. It's obvious he is in need of some garage space. Let's help him out ;)

6. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

actually, I think he's not too worried about the 'table'

there is a '53 and '57 waiting in the other garage. He who dies with the most toys wins...but in this case, the deck is slightly stacked in his favor :mad:

7. NGIB

NGIB New Member

My brother has finished restoring a 1970 Dodge SuperBee. I'll get some pix next time I visit him. It's painted Plum Crazy purple and really turns heads. Whenever he parks it out front, someone will knock on his door and ask if it's for sale. I sure wish I still had my 70 Roadrunner 440 6 pack...

8. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

At one time we had 3 superbirds (1 Org Hemi bird) 1 hemi cuda 2 packards and a 69 Grand Prix with a 400 ci BB. in the garage.

My dad has a 54 olds 88 and a 59 Ford Edsel right now.

9. General-Logic

General-Logic New Member

My 73 Comet. I took this picture the day I installed the sidepipes(functional).
    Original 302/C4, added Mustang buckets, GT scoop, Cragars, sidepipes, B&M shifter etc.
    Daily driver. I've installed a 71 front bumper since this was taken.
    [​IMG]

10. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

There should probably be a thread for stuff we had--and like an idiot--sold.

At one point in time I had 4 vehicles. (early 70's)

65 Mustang
    57 Corvette
    56 Chev Cameo pickup
    63 Harley Panhead

All running, all in decent shape. and over a period of a couple of years I sold them all.

I'm going to go bang my head on a brick wall for a while now.

11. Deadman1

Deadman1 New Member

Yeah, I've got one from when I was a kid hid in the garage. Me and my seven year old started working on it earlier this year. Oh and in the background you can barely see my 95 Ford Lightning #43 of 695 red ones. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's been just about too hot to work on it here lately tho. Heat index was 106 here today.

12. sarge_257

sarge_257 New Member

Yeahhh cars in garage

I have always had a flirtation with cars. Bought my first one with money I earned working for a landscaper. Cost me $40, a 1941 Chev Coupe. Dad raised a fuss cause I didn't ask him first. But as I told him it was my money. (beside the fact that I was not old enough to get a drivers license. (15yrs)
    I have alway had a soft spot in my hear for convertables. And have had 4 English sport cars(mostly Austin Healys) Three Ford convertables. One of which I still have. Right now I have 5 classics and three of them are running and driven. I am right now putting a new top on the 65 Ford Galaxie 500. Then I go back to the 68 Barracuda to see if I can solve it's electical problems and get it on the street. The last one I have to work on is a 1971 Lancia cafe racer. It is going to be a bear, because it was one of 2000 made. So parts for it will be hard to non-existant. Not that I am going to show it or anything, it will go on the Aucton block as soon as it is finished. It belonged to my son and he was working on it when he was murdered. He had a For Sale sign on it so it gets sold and his two kids get the money in their trust fund. I also have his 1975 Harley Sportster with extended forks and big fat tire on the back. It stays for his little brother. We are working on it now.
    Sarge

13. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

I'm helping my nephew on his 1950 Ford coupe-does that count?

14. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

What are you doing to it, bear?

15. Highpower

Highpower New Member

LOL. I've been helping a young lady a bit with her Willys pickup. She also has a coup, a sedan, and a stake bed truck! :eek:

[​IMG]

16. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

We started from scratch with a rolling chassis & body. We dropped the engine & transmission in the frame recently. Things have slowed down since he started experiencing money issues however.

17. RCgeek

RCgeek New Member

I've had a bunch of hot rods. Most recently I'm working on a 73 chevy short box stepside 2wd. Just about have it down to the frame but my garage isn't insulated so the woodstove doesn't make much headway when it is below 10 dgrees. Winter time wrenching is a slow process until I get my garage insulated.....would happen faster but I always seem to spend the money on toys instead.

18. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

My "Old" hotrod was a 64 Chevelle Malibu 300. 2 Dr post, built in the KC plant.

It was a factory 283 powerglide car. I got it with a 4 bolt 350, headers to sidepipes. 0-60 first gear, 60-120 second gear then that was all. Got there pretty quick. Faster than most fox body mustangs.

Lost the trans, and on the way home from replacing it, lost the oil pump and locked it up.

It got sold.

Now my hotrod is my 99 Camaro z. M6, 4.10, ls7. Clutch, ls6 intake, Hooker super comp long tubes, ORY, borla adjustable cat back. Cats have been deleted, smog/air removed. Futral fm-fms14 high lift Cam, double springs, titanium keepers, redline moved to 6800.
    380/352 at the wheels.

19. RCgeek

RCgeek New Member

I had one of those for about 10 years. Mine was gutted, pretty much a race car on the street. 6 point roll cage, stout big block, tunnel ram with 2 4-barrels, nash 5 speed tranny with straight cut gears, dana 60 rear.
    Got about 4mpg......6 if I was rreeaaally nice to it.

20. lovemy38

lovemy38 New Member

Not really a hot rod but I have owned a 59 Studebaker Hawk for 38 years. Bailed a guy outta jail for $200 and he gave me the Stude.