Any NASCAR fans on here....

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by readygirl, Nov 1, 2011.

1. readygirl

readygirl New Member

Who's your driver, and what do you think about Danica Patrick coming to Nationwide series. Im a #14 Tony Stewart fan, but like Brad Kesalowski too, he's a cutie !!!!!

2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I gave up watching nascar years ago. It's like wrestling with tires now.

3. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I'm a JR fan and I think it's something different that may bring a new fan base into the sport. I just hope someone will win the championship besides Jimmy.

4. towboater

towboater Active Member

I like Danica Patrick. Hope she does well in the Nationwide series.

I like NASCAR, but I just don't watch much tv.

5. readygirl

readygirl New Member

LOL... When im watching the race my husband always tells me "why dont you just pour a bag of skittles in the toilel, flush it, watch them go around, and save yourself 3hrs"

6. readygirl

readygirl New Member

I wouldnt count him an chad out just yet, but its not looking good for them,

7. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

That would work too. :D

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Cousin of mine named Richard has a little racing team based in Carolina. Has a nice vineyard there, too.

childress vineyard.jpg

My lady enjoys the Truck racing a lot- we were out for the race in Martinsville Saturday.

9. fmj

fmj New Member

And your NEW 2011 CHAMPION is...

[​IMG]

if he can keep that 99 clean and in the top 5 and get a win or 2 in the 3 races. I dont see why he cant. He runs very well and has won Texas and Homestead!! Gettin' tired of seeing Carl as the bridesmaid. This is his year!!

I was a HUGE whiny azz Tony detractor....until the one year i was in Dega and watched him come down the tri oval azz over nose and come to rest spinning on his lid in front of me...that one really took the BS right out of him. Now i dont hate on him so much and wouldnt mind seeing him be the first owner/driver to win a championship....NEXT YEAR!! I am really suprised how much success he and flyin ryan have had right out of the box.

SOOOO GLAD to see Jimmy not gonna get it this year. A buddy of mine is a #48 fan and even HE is sick of seeing Jimmy.

10. fmj

fmj New Member

LMAO!! Sounds like my wife....she says guess what happens next?? LEFT! Oh, whats next?? LEFT! I NEED to get her to a race! We were supposed to go to the Bristol night race this year, but it didnt work out.

I think there should be a road course in the chase! We have 2 on the regular schedule put one in the chase. We have cookie cutters, short tracks plate tracks in the chase. How about Road America in the chase?!?!

11. fmj

fmj New Member

OH and you asked about Danica. I think she'll do ok. But really, even if she does just create a lot of scrap metal, she aint going anywhere. Shes a cash cash cow for the already too rich Hendrick.

We were in Daytona and you couldnt get past her trailer there were so many folks lined up. You had to go around. There were more folks at her merch trailer (a part time busch driver) than were at the Jr. Gordo, Jimmy, Tony, Matt and Carl trailers combined!

12. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Stewart, Montoya & Mark Martin are the one's I keep track of.
    While she may be a cash cow, Danica hasn't performed up to the level to where she deserves it. She's a half-decent river treated like a mega champion. No skin off my back, but I bet it really grates on her fellow drivers.

13. fmj

fmj New Member

I know it does! I have heard announcers talk smack saying "shes taking a quality seat away from someone that has paid their dues."

Watch some of the races and see exactly how much respect she gets on the track...Right or wrong, theres a REASON guys put her in the wall.

14. Overkill0084

From what little I've seen of the Nationwide races she's been in, she's usually lap traffic and only discussed when there's nothing else going on. I don't get the hype, she's won exactly how many Indycar races? IIRC a total of 1, and that was a fuel mileage race several years ago.

15. Johnny357

Johnny357 New Member

I tend to root for Truex, Reutimann, and Hamlin. There are several other drivers I will root for, such as Vickers, Biffle, and Kenseth when they get near the front. I root against the Bush brothers pretty hard :) I welcome Danica to NASCAR, she will do well and her commercials are easier to stomach.

16. fmj

fmj New Member

What exactly has her boss, the cash cow, Jr. done since climbing into arguably the best equipment in the garage 5 (?) years ago!?!? OH, thats right, exactly ONE win and that was fuel mileage race in MI.

Fuel mileage or no, a win is a win!! The girl can drive the open wheelers. No other woman has come close to doing what (little as it may be) Danica has.

Danica has had some lead lap finishes in the busch. She HAS progressed and learned in her limited time. I have to think there is more than just fluff and flash there. Give her a full season next year and see where shes at then. I think she may be able to do something with a full season under her belt. IF cant do it in two seasons in that JRM/Hendrick car she aint gonna do it period.

Hell, who knows, she just might take Jrs ride in that #88 in three years! :eek:

17. fmj

fmj New Member

Ditto hatin' on the whiny azz Busch and shrub!!! I like Denny, just aint a fan of that rice hes ridin'!

I also hate on Gordo, Jimmy (just because hes "5 time".. ..GAG...i think hes a clean driver with a good head on his shoulders) and Hendricks in general (Save Marky Mark...big fan of Martin.) Also highly dislike that toolbag Harvick.

18. Overkill0084

I'm not going to bet against her. Better open wheel drivers than her have struggled in stock cars. Hornish being one of the more dramatic. Stewart is one of the ones who succeeded brilliantly. Montoya and Allmendinger have moments of brilliance, but typically struggle. I've been a Montoya fan since he was diving F-1 for Williams. He always had a mouth on him, and interviews were great entertainment. I miss that Montoya...

19. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

20. fmj

fmj New Member

On the subject of Hendrick and air travel....one of THE worst things to ever happen to NASCAR IMHO was the death of Ricky Hendrick in that chopper (??) crash. Old man Hendrick was all but retired, and letting Ricky run the business...and they werent winning squat. Ricky died, and the old man came back into it with a vengence and snagged up how many championships since then!?!?

How 'bout ole one eyed Jack (Roush) lucky old bastid crashes TWO planes and walks away from both!!