any mods should I do to my mp 9

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by loctite44144, Jul 17, 2012.

1. loctite44144

loctite44144 New Member

Going to use it for mainly for ccw and target shout

2. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

I have shot the M&P in both .40 and 9mm. I think they are fine right out of the box. If anything maybe night sights but even that I think is unnecessary. If you ever need to fire your gun in a life threatening situation you most likely won't even remember you have sights never mind use them.

3. loctite44144

loctite44144 New Member

can you guys recommend some nights sights

4. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

It seems like you are asking for opinions. Here's mine:

If you are not having any problems, don't change things.
    If you do change things, have a way to get back to original condition if things don't work out.

6. loctite44144

loctite44144 New Member

You know how it is. If you have a fast car make it faster or a big truck make it bigger. So I have a grate gun so make it even more grater

7. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I don't blame or condemn you for doing that.
    In fact, the more you can learn about your firearm, the better.

Just leave a "bread crumb" trail should things need to be reversed. It is easy to remove plastic and metal, but hard to put back on.

8. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

I fully agree

9. loctite44144

loctite44144 New Member

10. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

The Apex kit is a must have in the M&P pistols. Out of the box the triggers suck!!! I have two ( 9c and full size 40 ) and both have the apex kit. I have also installed three others for friends and they fell in love with theirs after the upgrade. S&W should buy their triggers parts from apex, or maybe make a Apex Tactical pistol. They already make the Viking why not one more.

11. danolator

danolator New Member

I just have 100 rounds through my MP40c and agree with you 100%. There are some things S&W refuse to correct. On M&P, it's the $h!tty trigger. Their basic gun engineering is superb, but they don't seem to listen to their customers so we have to make modifications on simple things they could improve at the point of production. That said, I have become a huge S&W fan this year. I wonder if Ruger misses me?.?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  12. danolator

danolator New Member

Oh BTW, my next MP mod will be night sights, but I got to get her broken in first.

13. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Yeah I'd say the trigger. I shoot mine fine but dry firing is annoying with that gritty sandy dirty chunky feeling trigger pull. Its like there's rocks inside the pistol. I even slightly grinded and polished the trigger bar and that didn't work. Made it a little better but holy crap. How could S&W keep selling these pistols without changing that nasty grit in the trigger pull????

14. glenn923

glenn923 New Member

get the Apex trigger mod. It works as advertised.

15. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I would recommend the duty kit for carry. The competition kit lowers the pull to scary light.