Any interest for some 6.5 Grendel Barrels?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by X-mark, Mar 4, 2014.

1. X-mark

X-mark New Member

I may be getting some custom 6.5 Grendel barrels soon and just wanted to gauge interest. Here are the Barrel details:

All Templar Custom Barrels are hand contoured and hand chambered custom barrels. Built to the highest standards and they exemplify superior craftsmanship and precision. Templar Custom Barrels are some of the most accurate barrels on the market. All of our barrels routinely test below MOA and are the barrel of choice for many top competitive shooters.
    Currently we're running a limited number of Button Barrels, due to be complete and ship by the end of April 2014, in the following configurations:

6.5 Grendel:
    · 1-8 twist 416 stainless steel
    · 18” Medium contour with 5/8 x 24 thread
    · 11* Target crown
    · Polished Stainless steel*

*Duracoat is available for an additional charge.

I do not have pricing yet, but retail looks to be $450 for a bare barrel ($550 including the bolt, gas block and tube)

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

Doesn't that round require modified magazines??

3. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Member

I just happen to have a lower that is waiting for a 6.5 upper build so depending on price I might be interested

4. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

I might be interested. That is a caliber I'd like to get into.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

5. timothyj999

timothyj999 New Member

I already have an AR15 in 6.5 Grendel--and I highly recommend it. This is one of the calibers that works with an unmodified lower-- so you can set up a Grendel upper assembly, buy a magazine for this round, and you'll have a second rifle for just the cost of the upper. Then you can swap out your .223 upper in 30 seconds and you'll have a much harder hitting, flatter shooting round. Check out the ballistics of this round, it's very impressive, and the recoil is much less than a .308.

I was lucky enough to order mine before last year's panic, but since then Grendel-chambered barrels have been almost impossible to get. Jump on this one guys!

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  6. string1946

string1946 New Member

I just got my BHW 264 LBC 20" bull barrel today which is the 6.5 Grendel by another name and it was around $350. Its S.S. target crown black finish so $450 sounds a little steep to me. Jon the mags are modified but J G Sales has 25 rounders for $9.95. I think its just a different follower. I'll get mine together next week.

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Firearms Talk mobile app