Firearms Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got a whole bunch of spent .22 shells sitting around and wanted to know if anyone had any ideas om how i could make something with them like a necklace or something like that

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
First of all, Welcome, from your neighbor state to the south! Drop into the intro section when you get the chance.

Second, I would throw 'em out. Not worth the time/effort, you'd kinda look funny too. I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I'd just toss 'em.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you a mod? If you are would you delete this thread. I have thought about it and that does sound stupid. I would look jacked up.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
It seems like....

Seems like I have heard of people using the .22 RF brass to make jackets for cast lead bullets. I can't remember what equipment was needed but if it is possible it might be something to look into the way things are going.

·
Administrator
26,664 Posts
Hi! I am a Mod (see the note below my name?) and I CAN dump the thread- but why not leave it? It is FAR from being one of the dumber threads ever posted here- REALLY! :p

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
Hi! I am a Mod (see the note below my name?) and I CAN dump the thread- but why not leave it? It is FAR from being one of the dumber threads ever posted here- REALLY! :p
C3 ain't kiddin----seriously ;)

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I have got a whole bunch of spent .22 shells sitting around and wanted to know if anyone had any ideas om how i could make something with them like a necklace or something like that
You have more time than money? I think this quailfies as 'something':

http://www.corbins.com/prrfjm.htm

I think most just sell the brass. It's a $1 something a pound. The club I'm in tosses them into a 5 gal. bucket and uses the $ to buy more .22lr.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Maybe it's only good for people who have BOTH time and money.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Ditto on making jackets for swaged bullets out of em'. IIRC you can use a 22lr case to make a jacketed .243" bullet. Find someone who's into bullet swaging and see if they'd them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts