Any ideas?

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by Diddle, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Diddle

Diddle New Member

I have got a whole bunch of spent .22 shells sitting around and wanted to know if anyone had any ideas om how i could make something with them like a necklace or something like that

2. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

First of all, Welcome, from your neighbor state to the south! Drop into the intro section when you get the chance.

Second, I would throw 'em out. Not worth the time/effort, you'd kinda look funny too. I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I'd just toss 'em.

3. Diddle

Diddle New Member

Are you a mod? If you are would you delete this thread. I have thought about it and that does sound stupid. I would look jacked up.

4. string1946

string1946 New Member

It seems like....

Seems like I have heard of people using the .22 RF brass to make jackets for cast lead bullets. I can't remember what equipment was needed but if it is possible it might be something to look into the way things are going.

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Hi! I am a Mod (see the note below my name?) and I CAN dump the thread- but why not leave it? It is FAR from being one of the dumber threads ever posted here- REALLY! :p

6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

C3 ain't kiddin----seriously ;)

7. Vincine

Vincine New Member

You have more time than money? I think this quailfies as 'something':

http://www.corbins.com/prrfjm.htm

I think most just sell the brass. It's a $1 something a pound. The club I'm in tosses them into a 5 gal. bucket and uses the $ to buy more .22lr.

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Just looked at their price list, Vincine. *CHOKE*

9. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Maybe it's only good for people who have BOTH time and money.

10. TNFrank

TNFrank New Member

Ditto on making jackets for swaged bullets out of em'. IIRC you can use a 22lr case to make a jacketed .243" bullet. Find someone who's into bullet swaging and see if they'd them.