Any ideas on Sig Sauer 1911 carry nightmare

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by JerseyDad, Aug 11, 2012.

1. JerseyDad

JerseyDad New Member

Any ideas on if this Tunis worth price

2. JerseyDad

JerseyDad New Member

Gun is worth price

3. coastguardgunnersmate

coastguardgunnersmate New Member

I love Sig Sauer, it is my favorite brand on the market. I just completed their armorer school. The 1911 platform is worth it, but so us every other pistol or rifle made by Sig.

4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

You understood that :confused:

5. JerseyDad

JerseyDad New Member

6. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

I bought the Scorpion Carry 1911 and never shoot my Kimber anymore! I think their 1911's are great.

7. JerseyDad

JerseyDad New Member

So my choice is between colt and sig

8. flglocks

flglocks New Member

I love my sig 1911. Well worth it and some.

9. Olympus

Olympus New Member

As far as I know, those Nightmare models are very new to the market. I have not seen a lot of them around. I would expect to pay above average price, probably MSRP or more, considering that they are so new to the market. They look like a great gun though.

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

between sig and colt?? ill take colt any day of the week. sig is ok when it comes to the P22x series of guns but im not terribly impressed by their 1911 offering.

just my opinion

11. bigrock44

bigrock44 New Member

I am pretty sure that everyone will have their own personal preference, but since I LOVE SIG..... Lol, I would say that Sig makes a great 1911 platform.

12. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

I own a scorpion. And if its anything like it itll be worth the $

ForumRunner_20120812_155252.jpg

13. getem2011

getem2011 New Member

Sig is top notch. Their 1911 line comes loaded with features you would normally see on a slightly higher end 1911 IMO. The cosmetics of them are different from traditional 1911s but I have to say I love my stx. Also there CS has gone above and beyond for me. I really enjoy sigs but will be going colt for my next 1911.

14. nzamora

nzamora New Member

Love it. I have the 1911 nightmare carry model. Excellent shooter. I have over 500 rounds with no problems.

15. I own and carry a SIG RCS. For the money, the SIG is a good gun. The internal finishing on the slide and frame is not as finely done as more expensive guns, but it runs reliabley, and has a good trigger without needing extra work, the slide / frame fit is good, it's mildly dehorned and the Nitron finish is a nice looking and has held up well.

The SIG is a good value in a gun, but it's nothing special which is exactly what I wanted in a carry pistol. If it get's thrown on the ground, scratched, finish gets worn, I lose it to the cops - don't care it's nothing special and easily replaceable.

The first day I had the gun I shot 300 rounds including Winchester XTP loads and it never had a malfunctiion. The gun is approaching 1,000 rounds and has functioned every time I've used it without a problem. I shoot it at least 2x per month to practice with it and always include one 20 round box of carry ammunition at the end. Then the gun gets cleaned, lubed and goes back into the holster.

I have a Wilson Tactical Supergrade Professional and a Dan Wesson VBOB that I could also carry - but generally use the RCS because it's smaller, lighter weight and I have no attachment to it as it's a tool that can be replaced with a phone call - unlike the other two Commander size guns that are both custom and not easy to find a duplicate.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  16. Thebiker

Thebiker New Member

One of my shooting buddies has a Sig 1911 C3. One of the nicest triggers out of the box that I have met. Sweet pistol and he tells me it digests everything he has tried to put through it, ball or HP.
    First time I shot it I managed a 2" group at 7 yards, all within the 8 ring. :D