Any hopes on the horizon for an XD-10M?

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by speed_demon, Oct 28, 2010.

1. speed_demon

speed_demon New Member

I really like my XD-40M but want a high capacity 10mm for bear protection. The glock is a great gun but I think the XD platform is better. Before I buy a Glock 20 I'd like to know if springfield has any plans for a 10. Anybody heard anything?

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Highly doubtful as the 10mm is a niche gun and has never been a volume seller...

3. speed_demon

speed_demon New Member

That's too bad. The 10's are a big seller up here but I guess the market is different. It just seems like beefing up the 40 cal would be easy to do. For my purposes it would be the best 10mm ever and at a great price.

Anybody got some false hope to offer?

4. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Go for the gusto - get a good forged frame 1911 and hang a .460 Rowland conversion on it. You'll get .44 Magnum ballistics from a 1911 and it's a hoot to shoot...

[​IMG]

5. orangello

orangello New Member

Sdemon,
    There was a cosmetically blemished Colt Delta Elite for sale the other day at TFL or some other forum; IIRC, it was around $800ish. I lusted but i'm shopping for a new brain for my car right now :( .

6. speed_demon

speed_demon New Member

That is definately a nice gun but when you shoot like me it's nice to have more capacity.

7. speed_demon

speed_demon New Member

I have shot one and do strongly prefer it over the glock but it comes down to capacity. In 10mm you can't beat 15 rounds per mag. I may still buy a Delta or Kimber Elite for target shooting.

8. orangello

orangello New Member

I hear you on capacity. I would love a nice 1911, but knowing i could miss almost a dozen times and still get a hit with my XD45 is comforting. I gotta get to the range more often.

9. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Sorry 'gello but I have to do it...

Attached Files:

10. orangello

orangello New Member

LOL! I guess it is a good think my tupperware won't rust much. :p
    Some redneck is actually opening a real range in the area; that should increase my practice time. Of course, i could always be attacked by a dozen ninjas & need that capacity. Fully loaded + two mags = 40 chances :D

11. speed_demon

speed_demon New Member

My first and favorite gun is my 1911. The XD-45M is tempting but for large game the 10mm seems to penetrate better. Don't worry about your man card. I have a friend that makes fake man cards. 9 out of 10 chicks don't know the difference.

12. GoBlue

GoBlue New Member

I people from Springfield Armory are visiting any of these forums they should know how often the hue and cry is raised for a 10mm XD.

They should make it available at additional cost for those who want to buy one. It may not make a lot of sense to charge $1300 (TRP) to $2400 (Professional) for a 1911 when a Loaded version will fit the bill for 97% of all shooters...but there are people willing to pay more for what they want.

13. Ruzai

Ruzai New Member

I know Clark Customs is against this but Johnny Rowland has come out with a .460 Rowland kit for the XD and they apparently work. My question is, will we ever see a .460 kit for the new XD(M) 45acp version?
    I mean if you can make one for the XD then why not the XD(M) too right?

14. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Was reading through this thread and was just about to mention this as the solution to the OPs desires.

The 460 Rowland XD conversion will set you back about $350, and I believe it's intended exclusively for the full-framed 5" XD45.

It might be a handful, but it'd make for an affordable sidearm in the woods...and an ideal nightstand 45acp.