Firearms Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Century Arms AP5 9mm pistol; it’s basically CA’s version of the HK MP5, and all HK parts will fit on it.
I found an HK retractable brace, and ended up buying it.
What I’m thinking about is if the attempt to ban braces comes up and goes through next time. Also even with the tax stamp, and G3 kit, it’ll be cheaper than what I paid for the brace.
So I started looking at fixed stocks and found some used G3 sets, and I know some G3 parts fit MP5’s. What I can’t find is info on if a G3 stock, and G3 adapter with recoil spring, will work on my MP5 clone. I understand I’d have to remove the recoil spring and SBR it.
Attached are examples of the stock and adapter.
Tool Musical instrument accessory Guitar accessory Automotive exterior Bicycle part
Tool Musical instrument accessory Guitar accessory Automotive exterior Bicycle part
Rectangle Line Font Parallel Musical instrument accessory

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you SBR it, just keep the brace on it, then your out just the 200$ for the stamp... well, and a trust if'n you wanna do that.
Yeah I’ve thought about that too. I definitely like the look of the retractable brace, and that can be easily carried in a backpack for work if I wanted to do that.
I just really like the look of the fixed stock on the MP5 too.
If I can find any info that shows those two items above would work on it, I’ll buy them for as cheap as they are, and then I can switch back and forth if I want.
I have a Cetme, but can’t tell if the adapter will work on the AP5 due to the recoil spring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts