Any here collect racing cards?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by spittinfire, Oct 27, 2010.

1. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I've got several thousand racing cards I collected when I was younger and actaully into nascar. I no longer have any use for them and want them gone. Anyone interested? Make an offer.

This isn't related to anything which is why I posted it here but if it needs to be moved, feel free.

2. spittinfire

No one?

10 characters

3. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Check Ebay Spitty they can be quite collectable

4. spittinfire

I tried, couldn't get any interest.

5. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

6. spittinfire

Only if you pick it up in person wearing your tigger suit.

7. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

You don't fear your wife may find me adorable and return to the shore with me.:D

8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

And in that, you should probably glean some level of understanding the lack of interest. :p;)

9. Biohazard2

Biohazard2 Active Member

I may be interested in them.
    Tell me something about the cards and how much you want for them.

10. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

I lived in Daytona Beach for a few years in the early 1990s. Richard Petty's farewell tour was going on. It didn't get any bigger than Richard Petty.

I have every die-cast car from the farewell tour. Individually or by the set, they're worth nothing.

I also have other rare Earnhardt and Allison cards and die-cast cars that should be worth something. Nope.

I also have a lot of baseball and football cards from that same era, some of them rookies. Zilch.

I think "collectible" is a relative term. If someone says that have a Mickey Mantle rookie card that's worth $2,000 according to Beckett.....well, it's only worth that much if you can find someone that will PAY you that much.

What I'm saying is....good luck, Spitty! Several times over the years I've thought I might be sitting on a nice little nest egg only to be disappointed.

Wish I'd bought guns with that money instead....now THERE'S a collectible that can hold value!

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I was in Indy when Dale Sr. hit the wall. When I tell you that a town STOPPED and just cried, I mean that town flat STOPPED!!

Every reader board in town had a "#3" in one way, shape or form on it and it was ALL anyone was talking about.

Within three days, you could have sold a pile of crap shaped like a #3 in that town afterwards.

It's all about finding the right people at the right time.

JD

12. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

I'm not a racing fan any more, but I was when Earnhardt died. That was a very sad day indeed.

13. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Dale is dead, baby. Dale is dead.

14. spittinfire

I lost interest long before dale died...