Any good quality U.S made optics?

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by magnum05, Apr 22, 2012.

1. magnum05

magnum05 New Member

Im a big and firm believer in buy American products and i dont mind spending a little more $ for it but ive been noticing that for optics its alot more than what i was expecting.. I like the Nikon P .223 3-9x40 BDC for $200.00 but for something that's made here in the U.S that has same features is either double or 10x more. If someone can point me to the right direction id appreciate it.. So far everything on my AR is all American made products and id like to keep it that way. Maybe im just being dumb about this not sure?

2. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Even though they might say Made in America,most anything optically will have parts that are manufactured in other countries.Lenses especially,the best glass comes from Japan and Germany.

3. Dan308

Dan308 New Member

Check Weaver and Burris. Those are a couple of my favorites

4. magnum05

magnum05 New Member

i noticed that buris says that "most" of their products are made here. Vortex are made is Wisconsin but dont know how good they are

5. TCH2FLY

TCH2FLY New Member

Vortex is based in Wisconsin but depending on the model they are made in Japan, Philippines or China

6. BikerRN

BikerRN New Member

Look at Minox, my first choice although they do use German glass, and Vortex.

7. Triumphman

Triumphman Active Member

Weaver uses Japanese glass.

Leupold made in Oregon and uses glass from(they won't say) but probably from combinations of German, Japanese, depending on price of scope. They do their own grinding and polishing in Factory.

Burris made in Colorado on most of their higher priced models, and uses glass from Japan and Germany depending on model and they also do grinding and polishing in their Factory. I have a FullfieldII model made in China(Rimfire model), but unsure of regular FullfieldII model for centerfires, but I think from Phillipines.

Redfield uses Leupold glass, and is owned and made by Leupold people.

Simmons is owned and made by Bushnell but Factory in China that's owned, built, quality inspected, and other gibberish by Americans. Surprisingly, their "Master Series" made scopes is quite good. I own a Magnum 44 model and I know where to get hold of some Aetec models also, and I know the glass in these models are quite bright, clear, but they have to say "Made in China".

Not for sure about Swift, Pentax, Doctor, and a few others.

Del

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

very good with an unbelievable warranty.

i dont think there are any scope glass makers in the US.

9. Redleg

Redleg New Member

What about Eotech? More dough but good stuff and I thought made here. No doubt some foreign components?

10. andlar

andlar New Member

I believe bushnell is American

11. Vincine

Vincine New Member

I think that's Burris.

Bushnell:
    There's nothing on their site about American made. Or Weaver's either.

Burris:
    “We manufacture most of our products here in the USA, in our own factory.”

Leupold:
    “All Leupold Golden Ring® Riflescopes are designed, machined, assembled, and tested in Leupold’s state of the art manufacturing facility in Beaverton, Oregon, USA.”
    “Leupold uses foreign sourced components for some parts of Golden Ring products, primarily lenses. This is because at this time, there is no American manufacturer that can supply the quantity of high quality lenses that Leupold needs for its annual Golden Ring Optics production. Leupold’s lens systems are designed at Leupold, by American optical engineers, in its state-of -the-art optics lab and then procured from outside vendors who must meet stringent quality standards.”

12. Fixer

Fixer New Member

L3 is an American Company http://www.insighttechnology.com/

L3 the parent company HERE

13. gunnut07

gunnut07 New Member

The top three American made scopes are leupold, us optics, primear reticles. The last one started out doing different reticles and boosting leupold scopes for a long time leupold would still uphold the warranty on a scope modified by premier. They stopped doing that and premier started making their own scopes. These are amazing scopes that trump leupold in every category. Of course they cost more as well with the cheapest one being in the $2000 to $2500 price range....

Talking to several vendors at SHOT most optical manufactures buy their glass from different sources in batches. Who ever best meets or exceeds the quality requirements for that batch is who they buy. I got that from leupold ziess and Swarovski as well.

There is also a group of 4 optical engineers in Japan who are hand jailing some amazing scopes that are taking the benchrest world by storm demon optics make march scopes. You can check them out at www.kelbly.com

14. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Leupold.

The best of the medium price, medium quality scopes. American made. (for the most part)

But avoid their "economy" line. Those are no better than a Tasco or or Bushnell.

15. magnum05

magnum05 New Member

Are the weaver kaspa models good?

16. huffmanite

huffmanite New Member

Not much outthere about the Kaspa's last time I checked a couple of months ago. Recall a post on another site of gent who called Weaver, asking about the Kaspas. Unlike other models of Weavers with best being made in Japan by Light Optical Works (LOW) and other lower cost Weavers in Philippines, such as their 40/44 models, the Kaspa scopes are made in China and lowest priced of Weaver scopes.

17. Fixer

Fixer New Member

Oh and C-More is American also.

18. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

What about Trijicon? I would assume since they have some mil issue, they would have American made scopes?

19. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Trijicon products are excellent! Trusted by U.S. military and Law enforcement.

20. mrbooks10

mrbooks10 New Member

Sorry for the bump but WoTAC is a awesome scope. made in Oklahoma.