any good quality. 22lr 1911s?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by potentialglock, Nov 6, 2012.

1. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

Anybody know of good quality. 22lr 1911s? I want a 1911 for range time but a. 45 caliber would be hard on my budget

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

The only one i have personal experience with is the Chippia (sp) It wasn't even worth learning how to spell :(

3. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

GSG 1911.. if you have to have one.

IMHO, other .22s will be more accurate, and reliable you just wont have that same platform feeling, or training.

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

[​IMG]

Hard to beat, $395

Fit and finish is outstanding!

Breaks down like a real 1911 (no allen screw)

This is the second generation Walther build.

5. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Hossfly is dead on that Chiappa is a POS. I have the Walther Colt and the GSG. I replaced the spring and bushing in the GSG. My favorite today is the GSG. You never know what it will be next week.:confused:

6. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Most everybody on the 1911 forums are praising the GSG guns. Many people posting their guns with 50,000 rounds through them.

7. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I believe it means German Sports Gear, but not sure about the last G. Google would also be of assistance in this case.

8. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Gorgeous gun this, love the true to form 1911 takedown. The GSG, from the user experiences I've read, is superb quality. Also know a few dealers who only sell brands they can trust based on personal firsthand experiences and the GSG is one of them. Don't think you can go wrong with either.

9. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Cane recommends Colt? :eek:
    :D

10. PeterLuger

PeterLuger New Member

Im sure im going to get bashed, but a SUGGESTION is you get an airsoft CO2 gun, since it kicks hard as a .22, is cheaper, is very fun, you can shoot at home if you like, and may be easier if you have kids and want them to learn about gun safety.

Just my 2 cents, and guys, please do not break my balls for this, i know its a firearm forum, but I think it could suit the OPs necessities.

11. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

I think this is a good idea as well. I love plinkin around the house with an airsoft gun.

12. PeterLuger

PeterLuger New Member

That went better than expected hahaha

13. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

No.....sorry but noooooo. The only reason I want. 22lr is because my budget doesn't quite support. 45 acp

14. PeterLuger

PeterLuger New Member

Oh well, worth a try, anyway, I hear that GSG is very good, but somewhat pricey, I think. Must be worth it though.
    Another suggestion would be the Browning Buckmark...

15. hmh

hmh New Member

The ruger 22/45 doesn't look like a 1911 but the grip size, angle, and controls mirror a 1911.

16. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Concider balls broke :p

17. 4sig

4sig New Member

Sig has a 1912 .22 that's a replica of the 1911 .45. Shoots well and eats anything you feed it. However, I believe it's made for Sig by GSG. I believe it's about $30 more if you buy under the Sig name. I would check on the warranty since Sig usually covers lifetime. Good luck

18. canebrake

canebrake New Member

GSG is German Sport Guns GmbH.

The SIG, GSG and Colt/Umarex are not made by the same company. GSG (German Sport Guns) is an independent company that builds the first two and not affiliated with Walther or Umarex. The Colt/Umarex is made by Walther and imported by UmarexUSA. The GSG is imported by ATI. I have heard both that ATI and SIG imports the SIG so if any of you guys can nail down that mystery I'd sleep better at night.

19. PeterLuger

PeterLuger New Member

Yeah hahahah