Any good milsurp shops in SJ?

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by Bluesman, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Bluesman

Bluesman New Member

I'm looking to buy an AK or SKS and I wanted to know if there were any gun shops around SJ that have milsurp guns at a good price. It's just going to be a plinker and it will be my first gun.

2. ScottG

ScottG New Member

South Jersey?

San Joaquin County?

St John's Newfoundland?

:D

3. Bluesman

Bluesman New Member

Sorry; I meant San Jose, California

4. crockett007

crockett007 New Member

Have you tried the yellow pages? Google perhaps? I understand that California is prohibitive as far as the legality of these rifles?

5. orangello

orangello New Member

I wonder about Kali legality too. The ammo prices on the 7.62 have come back down on some brands, but for your first gun, a .22 would save you TONS on ammo cost. It might be a bit more Kali-friendly too.

Are the ruger 10-22's Kali-legal? You can get some nice parts for them, though i'd imagine the 50 round banana magazine wouldn't be Kali-kosher.

6. ScottG

ScottG New Member

Take a look at Big 5 if you have them in your area. Wouldn't be surprised if there weren't any of those available. I did see a pump AK clone once.... :eek:

7. orangello

orangello New Member

I saw that video on youtube; it kinda scared me. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuNBk_0XoRI[/ame]

8. Bluesman

Bluesman New Member

I can't remember if HR 1022 passed in Congress, but if it did then AKs and/or an SKS will probably harder to get. I think that it's still legal to get "sporter" AKs though.