Any good books?

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by MrAdamSK, Oct 25, 2011.

1. MrAdamSK

MrAdamSK New Member

Greetings everyone,
    I'm a beginner in the fire arms community and wish to learn. I've taken a short class but wish to learn more. Are there any books that anyone could suggest that would aide me in my education of fire arms? I currently own a Taurus 24/7 Pro 9mm and am very happy with. But I would like to understand more about it and firearms in general. I would like to purchase a shotgun and rifle. I am very interested in a M1a and a M1 garand (garand is a dream rifle).
    Please inform me in where is a good place to purchase and what I should be knowledgeable about.
    Thank you
    Adam

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I was gifted with a 6 set DVD called Cold Steel Never Unarmed. I learned a LOT from those DVD's. But my best learning came from going shooting with others who are way more experienced than I am.

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

4. RecklessRegard

RecklessRegard New Member

I don't have much on the way of firearms related reading material, but I do have a few close quarters defense books. One of the better ones I have read is Combatives for Street Survival by Kelly McCann.

If you are a talker, look into the "Verbal Judo" technique. There are a bunch of books, tapes/CDs and lecture materials out there. The way you converse with the contacts you make will almost always determine the outcome of your situation. I have been through the training, and it certainly helps.

5. wjkuleck

wjkuleck Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter