Any good 22 or 25 auto pocket pistols?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by gearhead396, Feb 1, 2013.

1. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

I'm getting my tax return in a few weeks and I want to get a pocket 22 or 25 semi auto that's not a total pos which most seem to be. Ive owned a raven 25 and have since sold it but I've seen first hand how un reliable this particular pocket pistol was any suggestions on a decent one?

2. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Beretta makes a bobcat in .22 and .25. They also make a Tomcat in the more reliable .32 as well...

3. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

DRVSAFE beat me to it. I have owned several Beretta pocket pistols, (mouse guns) The 950BS is an outstanding quality pistol. I think that the .22 and .25 is a bit light-weight for serious work, but they are fun guns to own and shoot. The Beretta 418 is a bit older but James Bond used one, so they must be great guns......

4. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

If it's size that is holding you to those calibers, check out the LCP as well, it's a true mouse gun as well, but in .380.
    Keltech makes one similar as well...not my choice, but they sell a lot...

5. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

Ya I'm just looking for it as a shooter and now looking at the price of 25 ammo I'm gonna go with a 22 I didn't know baretta made pocket pistols definitely gonna check those out. I've owned a kel tec p11 but in 9mm it was way to snappy also I want something just a tad smaller.

6. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Well, the Keltec is snappy due in part to the caliber in comparison to the weight of the frame. The lighter the frame I believe the less absorption and hence more felt recoil.

7. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

I almost pulled trigger on Beretta but no extractor was a no no for me. So I pulled out. I'm happy enough with my current Phoenix hp22a. Shoots great with right ammo.

My Raven was perfect!

Jimenez ja22 both perfect!

I was looking at adding a Norton tp70, still haven't decided. 25 ammo is WAYYYY overpriced!

8. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

I bought this years ago, when I was in a pocket gun buying frenzy. It's the Bobcat .22 I like the pop top barrel, it makes it easier for my wife to shoot and the action is a little stiff for her.
    [​IMG]

I also have the KelTec P3AT .380. I can tell you this; the KelTec is not enjoyable to shoot given it's stature and level of recoil. My wife carries the KelTec P32 which is simply the .32 caliber version. Far less stressful to shoot at the range. I bought hers used for $175. Some dude bought it new from the local dealer, then decided he wanted a bigger caliber shortly thereafter. His loss, my gain.

9. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Beretta 950 is my choice. It rides in my pocket often. Load it with Hornady XTP fore 960 FPS (chronographed.)

Never had a malfunction in over 1000 rounds.:)

10. robertusa123

robertusa123 New Member

i go with the keltec p32 smaller and lighter then most 22-25 and a little more punch then the 22-25 you will find most from 250-279 brand new mine has never failed to fire or cycle

11. robertusa123

robertusa123 New Member

if your looking for a fun 22 hit the local pawn shop and pick up a pheniox arms hp22 a little hevey but at 120-150 brand new you cant go wrong

12. michael80

michael80 New Member

Spend a little more for your ammo I us cci it hates Remington

ForumRunner_20130204_183239.jpg

13. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Put some magsafe 25 in a Jetfire or bobcat and never look back! You'll be in love!

14. richardbrentm

richardbrentm New Member

Do you really want to trust a .22 or 25

I have a .380 Kahr Fiocci Extrema that have a hornady xtp jhp and it is a perfect size for a pocket, but if you are talking about a small person who is adverse to recoil the the .32 tomcat is still better than a 25 and more reliable than a .22 rim fire. Anything is better than nothing, but if you have to use a firearm it is better to be safe than sorry.if size didn't matter we would all carry .45's or larger.

15. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus New Member

There is no "good .25" pistol

16. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ Well-Known Member

Like it or not, .25acp is obtainable here, Last week my search for rimfire ammo in Anchorage and Fairbanks Alaska was limited and didnt find any .22LR or .22 Mag, only limited ammounts of .17HMR in a couple places, clerks reported that what limited amounts that did make it on store shelves at opening for business that day was gone by noon.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  17. BillDeShivs

BillDeShivs Member

You couldn't be more wrong!
    In addition to very adequate penetration and ease of carry, guns like the Browning .25, the Beretta 950, the Bernardelli, Astra Cub are very good weapons.
    There is always someone who has to jump in to any .25 thread and tell everyone how smart he is because he knows the .25 will just make someone mad. Any handgun cartridge has the potential to "just make someone mad" - or, to kill someone instantly.

18. Balls004

Balls004 New Member

I have a Beretta .22 Bobcat that my daughter keeps at college. It works all the time, and no, it isn't the greatest self defense caliber, but it's small and concealable. She likes it, shoots it well, and that is all that matters.

It is also the loudest flippin' gun I've ever owned. If any gun needed a silencer, that would be my pick. Someone getting shot at would think that it's a Casull. Go figure...

19. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ Well-Known Member

I suspect that the better quality .25's would perform better, I was give a beat up Lorcin Model L25, it has trouble working its way through a full mag without a couple belly ache's, as was free I have not tried a replacement mag to see if itd improve its jambing every 3-4 shots.

for a pocket pistol a Davis DM.22Mag is a potent pocket blaster, with its steel n potmetal construction, not too shabby .22mag ctg is no slouch, the trigger pull is as about the stoutest ive ever encountered on a handgun with the way it fires youd have to really work on getting it to discharge in your pocket. For a stack barrel pocket gun it will go bang when you push the cross bolt safety and ear the hammer back and muster herculean strength to pull the trigger, its passable accurate for a pocket cheapie pistol, at 10 feet it can easily hit a saucer size target if bothering to use its sights.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  20. jsr5

jsr5 New Member

I have a Beretta 21 in 22lr it is a suprisingly reliable little pocket gun is pretty accurate and is fun to shoot. I would also suggest looking at some of the NAA mini revolvers. they make some with actual sights on em now and micro target grips you can get em in 22lr, 22wmr, and convertibles that shoot both. On of the little target sighted ones is on my toy list I have one of the no rear sight models that I put a little laser on a year or so ago it is suprisingly accurate with its folding pocket grip it is the smallest easiest carreid gun I own. Slow to load though. They Even make a model that has a swing out cylinder I think thats the one I want next. There ya go thats my 2cents worth.