Any FNH fans?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Ghost23, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

If so, I'm looking to buy either the FNP 9mm or the .45.

Aside from which caliber is better, anyone have a should/shouldn't?

2. RecklessRegard

RecklessRegard New Member

I like the way they look and feel, but unfortunately I've never shot one. There are plenty who own them, just wait.

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Shot the .45 cal. It's a nice gun. It's not my cup of tea, but it's a good offering.

I have an FNH shotgun that has performed flawlessly and is quality from stock to front sight.

If it fits your hand well, and you can reach all the controls, then consider it. Shoot it a couple of times and see what YOU think.

What we think is irrelevant if the gun isn't comfortable to you. ;)

JD

4. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

I've owned the FNP 9mm before and loved the way it felt and shot, it just didn't shoot good for me. I couldn't hit crap with it outside of 10 yards but my guess it was because of me and not the gun. I would still recommend them and if I have the opportunity to, own another although I'd go with the .45 over 9 but I love the .45 acp caliber

5. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

I love the fact that it's fully ambi. I'm a lefty, and that's a big deal for me that a manufacturer would take that into consideration. I've owned 2 .45's, a 10mm, and a .40. I've never been a fan of the 9mm, though the older I get, the more interested I am in the low cost to shoot and higher magazine capacity. Plus, I don't know how many of you guys watch YouTube gunners, but TNoutdoors9 demoed some Underwood Ammo 9mm +P+ that I love. I ran Underwood 135 grain .40 +P in my Glock 23 gen4.

6. niteglock

niteglock New Member

I was checking out a fnp45 forty first time. I loved the gun alot but hated the mag release and when I used the decocker it hit the right side of my hand and that annoyed me. But other than that. It pointed wonderful and grip felt great. Never shot one yet.

7. colmustard

colmustard New Member

I am a fan! I just bought a FNP in .45 and love it! It is tottaly ambi, and has interchangeable backstraps. Can be carried cocked and locked like a 1911, or you can decock it like a m9. I only have about 100 to 200 rounds through it so far, but have had no problems. It is easy to shoot and is quite accurate. Also it is made in the U.S.A. I always wanted a HK USP, but they are way to pricey. I did some research and found that the FNP is very comparable to the USP. So it is cheaper and American made, but with the same quality as a HK roughly. So that is a win win!! Now I am super happy and am loving the pistol. I just took it out two days ago and had a blast. :D

8. Jtelli71

Jtelli71 New Member

FNP 45 owner here. It's a great weapon and it's accurate. It is my first FN product but won't be my last.

9. smoooth308

smoooth308 New Member

I own a FNP 9mm in fde
    Love the way it shoots. Took me a little while to find the best ammo for it and it shoots like a dream with Pmc 9mm.
    I've actually been pretty damn accurate with it at about 75-100 yards shooting over a reservoir hidden in the woods. Other side is just a hill basically so it makes for some good competition with the guys.

10. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Don't own one but tried one out FNP45 and I liked the way it felt but hated the ambi decock and mag release. The decock hit the other side of my hand when I used it.

11. DoyleTheDog

DoyleTheDog New Member

My buddy has the FNX9. Don't know if there are many differences between it and the FNP but it's a fine pistol. Well worth the money in my opinion.

12. niteglock

niteglock New Member

I just bought a brand new usp 45 for the same price as a fnp 45. CDNN.com. at first the usp seemed too large for me but after renting it a couple times I got very used to it and now I know how I have to.hold it and its perfect. Now I.want a compact and a tactical and a 40 Cal and a nine mm. I want em all!

13. colmustard

colmustard New Member

A USP for the same price as a FN? Nice find!

14. targetshotpro

targetshotpro New Member

I have both Fnp-9 usg and a Fnp 45 usg, love them, I brought the fnp 9 brand new and have put 1100 round through it only one FTE, the Fnp 45 brought used with unknown round count I put about 500 round with no problems. the Fnp is a big pistol so hand size will be a factor,one the plus side it feels 1 like a 9mm when shooting, when compared to a glock 21 or a 1911

Attached Files:

15. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

If you are buying a FN 9 or 40 just go with the FNX . I have the FNX40 and its a terrific pistol. I think the slide lock release button is bigger and mag release is as well. I can't remember the other changes but they are well worth the few extra dollars a FNX cost over. FNP. X is not available in 45 though.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  16. cutter11

cutter11 New Member

Ghost,

I have had a FNP - 45 for a while now. I really love this sidearm. Fully ambidexterous, recoil of a .40 cal, great sights, very accurate, and highly reliable. Surprisingly, it conceals well for it' s size.

However, be advised, this thing is a beast - a real heavyweight. I have fairly small hands and had a learning curve to find " my" way of handling and shooting it proficiently. If you can rent or borrow one before hand you will see what I am talking about here. I have zero experience with the 9mm so I can't really speak on how well it performs. I think that if you were to talk with other FN owners you will pretty much find a happy bunch.

17. arcpolo

arcpolo New Member

I have a FNP 40 I bought after owning a Glock 22 for over 6 yrs... it is an excellent pistol. Most so than my glock and not to mention I shoot better with the fnp, and it looks better

18. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

FNH FiveseveN here. Supreme accuracy, low recoil, 20 round mag standard, 30 round optional.