any fisherman?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by ItsmeShane, Sep 1, 2009.

1. ItsmeShane

ItsmeShane New Member

I love fishing, its actually very addicting to me. I work on a golf course, and sometimes I find myself riding to the pond and casting a few before I go home. this past Friday, I spent the entire day fishing, we got the outside of that hurricane in the atlantic, so when it started raining on me, I just went and got my rain gear from work and went right back to fishing.

2. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

There are several members here who love to fish. I have a private pond on my property. Also, there is a public lake at the end of my driveway. A few weeks ago, I travelled to another lake and met up with some friends. We caught 3 muskies including a 42"er that I caught on a Mepps Muskie Killer spinner. Friggin' awesome. :D

3. ItsmeShane

ItsmeShane New Member

i fish in the ponds at work, but mostly, I fish Saltwater. cant eat the fish you catch out of the ponds at work, so thats just catch and release. but i catch flounder and mackerel all day long off the pier.

4. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Last time I went fishing was in Loreto Mexico in 1999. I fished for Dorado and Yellow Tail. Caught quite a bit of fish as I was there for 2 weeks. Shipped as much as I could back and the smoker got a real workout. My oldest grandson who just turned 6 started fishing with his dad when he was 4 Y.O. Gone with them a few times and helped him in his fishing endenors. When he catches a bigger fish usually the adult has to help him reel it in.

5. dukech1

dukech1 New Member

We just went fishing at Matagorda(Texas coast) got some nice reds and a couple of trout. Bought some shrimp and headed home. A nice Saturday. We have a boat and two lakes nearby, so yes we fish often. Nice thread by the way.

6. yazul42

yazul42 Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Fishin' is great,,, love to fish Canada. Hunt moose in the morning and evenings, catch walleye and northerns in the middle,, sometimes you can find some brook trout also. Frog giggin' is just too much fun,,, I like to practice with the longbow slingin' arrows at 'em. Good eats.

Jeff

7. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Any fish, anywhere, any time. I do love fishing, all kinds, especially bass, crappie fishing with spinner baits and catfish, lots of stock ponds around besides some pretty good size lakes also. Trout by fly fishing. Also enjoy saltwater fishing, but no inlet ocean around these parts of Oklahoma. :(

Jack

8. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

Time to time, I go to Burro Negro Dam and fish Pavón (Peakock Bass)... I love it, so quiet and paceful. And struggling with a big peakock bass is fun! specially when the battle is on open waters, far from the shore... I like see them jump out of the water and fight. Once I caught a Payara, I don't know how's in english... but is like a giant bad-*** ugly piraña (piranha). Catch and release.

9. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Your avitar from Joe Cartoon. Super fly I'm sooooo wasted. LMAO on this one.

10. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Currently, my dream fishing trip is for Peacock bass in S.A. I can't see it in my near future, unforunately. I am jealous, Amsel. :D

11. ItsmeShane

ItsmeShane New Member

im looking forward to the weekend. im going fishing all day Saturday. and on my birthday im going deep sea fishing on a charter. im looking forward to that too.

12. ItsmeShane

ItsmeShane New Member

whats everyone fish with? I got an 5' ugly stick with a push button reel for freshwater. and a 6'6" offshore angler combo for saltwater, until this weekend, im picking up a 12' combo off of a buddy.

13. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

Yes... I always laugh with superfly!!!
    Who's the man?!!! Who's yar daddy?!!! IT's ME!!! Supah Fly!!!

[​IMG]

Yes many tourist comes for around the world to fish Pavones...
    There is some friends of mine in Machango (anther dam very close to my home)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That is a Payara:

[​IMG]

Tell me when you want to come... I make the arrangements. You can fish near my home but if you want a world record Pavon, you must go to Guri Dam... in the Venezuelan Amazonia...

14. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

:eek: All my fishing equipment is just a Bass Pro Shops Mega Cast Baitcast Combo.... 6'6" MH action, using 14lbs. mono filament line, and a couple of BPS XPS lures (Balsa Boogie and Tri-Vibe)...
    I'm in a budget all the time :eek:

15. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I live close to Beaver Lake in Northwest Arkansas. I love to fish, I just don't find much time to do it anymore. :eek:

16. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I own about 20 different rods and 30 different reels. What I use depends upon species and tactics. I also build rods, make lures and tie flies. It has been a bit since I have done any of those; at least since I have been working on the smoker build. Next is the outdoor pizza oven. :D

17. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Is it a bad thing when you have just as many fishing polls as you do guns?

I have a 6' Ultra light action, 6' Light Action, 6'6" Med action, 6'6" Heavy action with a abu Garcia baitcast, Fly rod, and 6 others for the wife and kids. Oh and a Heavy action UGLY STICK with a big abu Garcia real on it.

NO ONE messes with my Ultra light. It is a sweet set up. I have caught everything from a 1/2# blue gill to a monster 9# catfish on it. I HATE CAT FISH.

I have not done much fishing this year for some reason. I need to get into small mouth as they are in the river around me. I have a few lakes to choose from.

I used to fish 6 hours a day 7 days a week when stationed at Fort Hood. I would even take my gear on our FTX because we set up in between two good spots.