Any FAL People?

Discussion in 'FAL Forum' started by Mosin, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

What's up? Post your setups.

I have a CAI build Imbel metric receiver. It functions nicely, but I would like a newer barrel.

I've got a UTG quad rail on it now.

I'll post pics later.

2. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

Heyy!!! I don't have one myself but I'm glad we got our FAL forum, ill be dropping by a little, thanks guys!!

3. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Here she is....

Attached Files:

4. scottmac

scottmac New Member

I'm a non-owning fan of the FAL.

I'm shopping ... and looking forward to hearing some opinions on the various makes.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  5. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Get a DSA. Check them out. Word on the street is, they're the best.

6. jyo

jyo New Member

At this time, I am down to just my early 80s FN model 50.00 standard "308 Match"---I sold my two Argie FALs to fund a new career quite a ways back. I will keep my FN until the day I die...

7. scottmac

scottmac New Member

Are the Argentinian (or is it "Argentine"?) FALs any good? Good "for the price"? or overall solid performers? There are a couple at one of the local shops for ~2K.

A couple of the salespeople mentioned some reliability problems with some / many FALs and knockoffs, so I'm a little skittish about dropping the cash.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  8. jyo

jyo New Member

Yeah, Argie FALs are extremely good IF they are FACTORY put together rifles---there are a bunch of parts kit guns slapped together by who knows who---some are good, many are well, just Frankenstein rifles. Real Argie FALs are produced in a factory that was licensed and set-up by FN---they are the closest thing to a Belgium made rifle. I can recommend them.

9. JSStryker

JSStryker New Member

Owned an L1A1 loved that rifle, alas I had to sell it to be able to keep a roof over my head while unemployed. Really miss that rifle.

10. scottmac

scottmac New Member

Cool, thanks gents, I'll give 'em a look.

11. Warpig

Warpig New Member

Anyone know about the CMTE version of the FAL ? The one I'm looking at is in a pawn shop and they want $700 for it. It's a .308 and is in moderate condition. The owner said make him an offer.

12. scottmac

scottmac New Member

Alrighty. I got a look and had some play time on the two Argentine FALs at one of the local shops. One had different numbers on teh upper & lower, and the muzzle brake / flash hider was removed (probably cut, the barrel was shorter than the other one). $1500 for that one, barrel is in good shape internally, all the moving parts & trigger were pretty smooth.

The second one had matching numbers, good operation, intact barrel, and an "inverted spike" scope. ~$2100 for that one.

I was also shown an L1A1 (new) seemed OK, triger was a little creepy, but it was only $795.00 ... So, what do y'all think? any likely deals in there anywhere?

13. mrBull

mrBull New Member

Huge fan of the fal don't have though.

14. Original

Original Member

Been an FAL fan since the 70's have built a few, currently like my Paratrooper the best.
    The best deal on an FAL parts kit is the argentines. The falfiles marketplace is the place to find one. Good luck in your search.

15. francisarsenic

francisarsenic New Member

I have a DSA SA58 Para with scope mount. I got it a while back and only shot it once. I like it a lot though.

16. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Had one. Sold it. Wish I had it back.

17. WaltherKKJman

WaltherKKJman New Member

Lucky to have my Belgian FN-PARATROOPER!

I'm lucky to have my Belgian FN-FAL PARATROOPER with Folding Stock in .308:)

18. Original

Original Member

Warpig, an CETME is Not an FAL, it is a .308 battle rifle, they are ammo sensitive, know what you are buying. Good luck.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  19. unclebear

unclebear New Member

want one but I didn't have the money, I've always had a soft spot for the good ol 308 battle rifles.

20. Original

Original Member

I hear you, the problem is AMMO, finding it and buying for folks new to .308 Gold. it really is hard to pay a buck a round or more for battle pacs of SA ammo when a few years ago I bought regularly for as low as .8cents a round.

Crazy times we are living in.