Any experience with Rossi or EAA .357's?

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by CrazedJava, Jul 12, 2014.

1. CrazedJava

CrazedJava New Member

Just curious. Interested in maybe getting into the revolver game but a lot of them are higher priced than a semiauto. Little short on cash but not too far off from maybe getting another 9mm. Still, keep thinking of adding a revolver to the collection and would like a .357 for the ammo flexibility.

I can generally find Rossi's and EAA's fairly cheap, but worried if these are junk guns.

2. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

From what I've seen the EAA Windicator is a good solid budget revolver. I'd personally stay away from the Rossi line. Charter Arms is a good option in the .357 Mag Pug for a small J frame gun. I have one and really like it.

For a range gun you'll want a 4" model. I prefer the GP100 but that doesn't fit in a budget gun scenario.

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

they are hit or miss same qc level as taurus.

i would suggest looking at a used ruger. you can get a really nice ruger for the price of a new rossi or eaa. most are low round count guns

4. old fart

old fart Member

+1 on that, look for a used ruger. you can find the six series at times for around $300 if you look around. i found one for $150 recently but i got lucky and found a guy that needed turkey hunting supplies at start of season but you may find that luck too. used sp101 might be in that range too most gp100 are at least $400 used. good luck i love my 357 ruger service six. the six series are built tough and not as large as the gp series.

5. penguini013

penguini013 New Member

I've owned Rossi revolvers before, own a R92 lever rifle, and am soon to be the owner of a stainless .357 snubbie, the 462. Never had any trouble with Rossi, or Taurus, for that matter...had a problem with a PT1911 and Taurus replaced it. No reason to think they would treat their Rossi line any differently. I just like the look of the 462, plus it's a .357 with 6 holes in the cylinder, not 5. Lifetime warranty, great ergonomIcs (for me), feels great in the hand, and a great price. Just my $.02.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk