Any dog lovers?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by ShagNasty1001, May 24, 2013.

1. Golden Retriever

16 vote(s)
    59.3%
  2. Border Collie

11 vote(s)
    40.7%
  1. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Hey y'all, just thought I'd throw out this poll since I am stuck on which I'd rather get. Here's the background. I've grown up with dogs all my life, but they have all been labs or lab mixes. Right now, I live in an apartment but am moving into a house in July and am wanting a dog of my own again since my amazing dog Aspen died the year before I moved. Right now, my choices are either a golden retriever or border collie. Im going to end up adopting one or the other. As for me, I work nights full time so I'm always home during the day and workout quite a bit so exercise isn't an issue

2. DLM1114

DLM1114 New Member

You bet I'm a dog lover. My family had a female golden, Abby, for 16 terrific years. Thought we would take a break, but got another golden, a male named Tucker, shortly thereafter. He's now 5 years old. Golden retrievers are great family dogs, good-tempered, smart, excellent with kids, and can be very protective when needed. Some have a tendency for hip joint problems, though. Something to be aware of.

As a kid, we also had a border collie, and they are great also. I think they are usually smaller than goldens and labs, and perhaps a bit more sturdy as they age. Like my goldens, our border collie had a great temperament and was an all-around wonderful dog.

You can't go wrong with either breed, in my opinion. Good luck!

3. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

All my life , yeap , love dogs , koolest creatures on this planet..!

4. tri70

tri70 New Member

It all taste the same with enough soy sauce!:D LOL!

We have a 2 1/2 yr old Golden, they are very hyper for the first 2 yrs and love to play with everything, balls, plastic bottles, they just love attention. I have mine obeying pretty well for me. Great dogs!;)

5. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

My Golden retriever was the best dog I ever had. I miss him a lot. Here is my newest hunting dog.

Attached Files:

6. dango

Auh , it's side ways , that doesn't mean I'm contagious doo it.? :confused:

7. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

It is our IPads. They are working against us Dango.

8. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

Yes I love my dogs. As you see they have a hard life.

Attached Files:

• 450.jpg
      450.jpg
      File size:
      29.4 KB
      Views:
    • 454.jpg
      454.jpg
      File size:
      28.9 KB
      Views:
  9. dango

Last edited: May 24, 2013
  10. dango

^_____goes up there...!

Attached Files:

11. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Okay guys, I started a new thread. iPad picture orientation.

12. wrs25936

wrs25936 New Member

About six years ago got my daughter a standard poodle. Shortly there after learned breed was for hunting this thing actually had webbed feet. Loved being in water. It got to be he was always by my side. He was also very protective of my wife and daughter. Then shortly after Christmas of 08 he vanished.

Angel at Home.jpg

13. orangello

orangello New Member

14. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

If we had more bears here in oklahoma haha what I really need is a tornado hunting dog..

15. orangello

orangello New Member

Not a retriever, for certain.

16. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

I voted Border Collie because we have two Australian Shepherds (their cousins).

Sydney

[​IMG]

Brisbane

[​IMG]

17. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

Both breeds would make an excellent companion,as someone mentioned the Golden Retrievers are a larger breed than the Boarder Collie. I saw a show about Dogs and the different breeds,they mentioned that the Border Collie was one of the more intelligent breeds of the Dogs. Both will need a lot of attention to their long coats of hair.

Our neighbor has a Boarder Collie named Tough, he's a smart little guy,i'm guessing around 30lbs. of high energy :D

18. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I have a Border Collie. You better be very prepared to exercise that dog like crazy. If you don't it will pace, whine, dig holes, chew things, excessively bark, etc.

19. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

you're spoiling the surprise :D