Any ccw people ever draw your weapon

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by bostonscottkelly, Jan 5, 2012.

1. bostonscottkelly

bostonscottkelly New Member

In self defense? Just curious....

2. vincent

vincent New Member

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

Yes. I vicious raccoon needed to be offed one evening as I was taking out the trash a couple years ago.

4. stoppingpower

stoppingpower New Member

Had a beer bottle look at me wrong on the side of a dirt road tonight.. it got what it deserved

5. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

A turtle pissed me off one day. He got the 12 ga. :D

6. stoppingpower

stoppingpower New Member

Was it epic? Lol

7. FaTmAn

FaTmAn New Member

lol i cant recall the times i have seen somebody post something like this on here its usally funny and informative to say the least.

I once drew my pistol because a skunk looked at me funny.. Good luck getting a straight answer out of some of us. lol

8. stoppingpower

stoppingpower New Member

There's only 7 posts on this and its already in the wrong direction.. hehe

9. FaTmAn

FaTmAn New Member

see what i mean

10. stoppingpower

stoppingpower New Member

I dont do anything at work but sit so I get a lot of reading done on these threads and a lot take a funny turn lol

11. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

So I live way out in the country. One night around midnight I was at home, by myself. I was reading or something, I can't remember. I heard this howl, like a wolf in the distance. I remember thinking to myself that there weren't any wolves out where I lived. I thought maybe it was a coyote, so I ignored it. A few minutes later I heard it again... closer. I killed the light in my room and peered through the window. My field is 505 yards long, and in the snowy covered field bathed by the moonlight, I could see a figure, about 90 yards from the house. I chambered a round into my sig 9mm (it has the tritium sights) and headed to the porch. I killed the light to the kitchen before making my way onto the porch (it's glassed in), and slowly crept out to get a better view. From my new vantage point I could make out a coyote looking thing. I have a night coyote permit, so I snuck back to my room, ever so quiet, thinking to myself, "he he he"... I retrieved my 870 express and loaded her up with some 3" triple 0 Buck I keep handy, and tucked the sig into my pants, inside the belt, and put on a warm winter jacket and a hat.. Same process as before, made my way into the kitchen, crept to the porch, and looked through the window...coyote still there.
    In retrospect, I don't know why I didn't go for my 30-06 and shoot from the door, maybe because the shotgun was in the closet and the rifle was in the safe, so it was easier, yeah, I think that was the reasoning.
    Slowly I open the door and crouch down as I start making my way off the steps to the driveway. I can still see this thing, but I wanna get a tad bit closer to hit it with buckshot. I hit the light on the shotgun, all 115 lumens shining at this... this, thing (Okay, let me be clear here, I've thought about this a lot, replayed it in my mind, and even had nightmares about it, so this "coyote" keeps changing in my mind how I saw it...but I can not change the fact that when I got a better look, I said aloud, to myself..."German Shepherd" so that's how it must've looked).
    I lower the shotgun just a tad, as I'm not about to shoot a dog, when this thing looks up at me, I could see it's eyes, glowing that green glow as animals do in artificial light. It was eating a deer, and was hunched over its kill when it looked up at me...but it didn't run, something wasn't right. This dog turns towards me, like it wants to square off, I'm still walking towards it, not even realizing it, still transfixed on trying to figure out if this is a dog or a coyote or a wolf (which isn't supposed to exist where I live). I still have the light on it, when the ****ing thing, it stands up...let me repeat this...it STANDS UP, on it's hind legs, and must've been 5 feet or taller. Well **** that ****, I unload on this thing until the shotgun runs dry. I'm standing there, thinking this thing is going to appear behind me, but I could see in the wood line, where the bushes were shaking, where it ran into the woods. I'm standing there thinking "Whatdoido, whatdoido whatdoido?" When I realize I have my Sig on me. I fumble for the gun, dropping it in the snow, probably almost shooting my nuts off. I grabbed the 9mm and actually run toward the woods, firing blindly, all 16 rounds into the treeline.
    Now I'm standing there, and I remember thinking to myself "You ****ing moron, go inside."
    I run back in the house leaving the shotgun in the yard.
    In my room, gun safe is OPEN. 5 mags, FN-FAL, propped over the bed, Saiga 12 too.
    I sat there, until the sun came up, watching "The Big Bang Theory" trying to keep something funny on in the background, because I'm scared out of my mind.
    The next day my friend shows up...because I left him like 47 voicemails throughout the night. We load up and walk the measly 90 yards or so (Which feels like 2 miles at night). Some snow had fallen the night before, but in my opinion not much. So anyways, there's this dead deer, obviously chewed on by a "coyote", but no tracks. I mean, there were faint impressions where the deer had came in, but no dog like tracks. There were even little crow prints in the snow..but no dog tracks. We walked out to the treeline, but I wouldn't go into the woods. My friend went in after calling me some choice names. He came back an hour ater, saying he didn't see anything.
    I still don't sleep at my house when there's a full moon.

And that's the only time I ever drew on something (other than hunting and that typical stuff)

12. stoppingpower

stoppingpower New Member

Holy ****!!! That's nuts I woulda been fazed to!!

13. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

A little. Mostly because I used a magnum turkey load.:eek::D

14. stoppingpower

stoppingpower New Member

Evil turtle had it coming!!!

15. shadamai

shadamai New Member

Wow, that's a heckuva story...

16. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Maybe it was a chupacabra....

17. FaTmAn

FaTmAn New Member

Could of been big foot

18. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Corn Monkey. Pretty sure that was a corn monkey. Vicious things they are, too.

19. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

my art teacher used to do this in school to us and get away with it everytime.:)

20. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I drew mine once, but the idiot I drew it on never knew it. A traffic issue and the fool came up to the passenger door, where I was seated, while we were stopped at a red light, raising hell. My wife was driving and we were pinned in traffic. My .45 was in my hand waiting for the bonehead to open the door, in which case I would have shot him. He had no idea how close he came.