Any body got a cheap .357??!!

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by coopertrooper, Aug 11, 2013.

1. coopertrooper

coopertrooper New Member

Right now I want a .357 magnum, I want it to be a double action revolver with a barrel of atleast 4". Does anybody got an ideas of a reliable and cheap one??

2. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

What do you call cheap?

3. JW357

JW357 New Member

I paid $475 for my S&W 66-2, 2.5" bbl. Is that cheap? It's certainly under-valued.

I suggest looking around at LGS' and see what good deals on used wheel guns come up. I bet if you're patient you might find a good deal on a Ruger or a S&W.

4. mahall

mahall New Member

Taurus has some good looking magnums! They are a little cheaper then S&W!! Don't know how cheap you want, but expect to pay at Least 400 for anything new in 357!!

5. coopertrooper

coopertrooper New Member

My idea of "cheap" is $500 or less. .

6. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Try www.budsgunshop.com. You might find the gun cheaper elsewhere but buds will be close to the best price.

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Smith, Taurus, Ruger- but keep an eye out for a USED Dan Wesson. They are, IMHO, undervalued, extremely accurate, and tougher than an army tank.

8. mahall

mahall New Member

Bought my Ruger SP101 for 550 new! 2.5 barrel!! Add 50 bucks or so for the longer barrel!! I always think its better to pay a few more bucks for something worth owning than to settle for something you will be unhappy with!!

9. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

10. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

If you want an inexpensive .357 Magnum Revolver the Taurus and Rossi's come to mind.
    SOme are under 400 dollar.
    There is also EEA which makes its handguns in Italy and the former East germany supposedly to decent quality for the money.
    Thier 357 revolvers go down to 300 USD..

The things with Reolver sis you dont seem to get a big dicount for a used one..

11. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

They don't really trade heavily on the Weihrauch name, but yes they can be had here:
    http://eaacorp.com/portfolio-item/windicator/
    As I understand it, they are functional, & reliable...if not particularly sleek or good looking. I'd roll the dice w/ one of them before I bought another Taurus.

I was never particularly impressed w/ their firearms. They make some truly excellent Airguns though, I've got an HW35 & an HW77.

Another maker that might work for the OP is Charter arms.
    http://www.charterfirearms.com/products/Charter_Firearms_products.asp
    Not pretty or glamorous, but durable and made in the US. I've had an Undercover for over 20 years w/ no problems.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  12. JW357

JW357 New Member

For that budget, like I said earlier, if you're patient you can find a nice used S&W or a Ruger. I bet you could find a good used Ruger for $400 or maybe less.

13. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Used S&W's are generally the more desirable "pre-lock" variety with genuine forged parts, not the new MIM (cast) parts. The older Smiths seem to b going for more than they did new. Colt is in a totally different league. Their revolvers are all discontinued and thus now collectible. Ruger? Hell no one seems to want to get rid of their Ruger wheel guns so they do not show up on the market as often.

14. phildenton

phildenton New Member

used s&w, used ruger, particularly from the "six" series: security six, police service six, and speed six. they are great, when you can find em for sale. charter arms makes ok revolvers too, in my experience, but they are hard to find, and price is gone up on em. also, astra, they made excellent weapons, are very undervalued