Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shoot a MkII TR at 50y+ with a scope BR & prone.

I shoot a 10/22 TD with iron sights, with and without a sling, standing, kneeling, sitting & prone, at 50’. I haven’t taken it outside yet.

These aren’t the top of the line, absolute best, micrometer required for group size, .22lrs, but I have fun with them.

What bolt repeater & semi auto air rifles would I be looking at to shoot the same? PCP? Large CO2?

Any one here have a clue?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Wow you are really into this.. LOL

I settled on a gammo .177 single shot-break barrel because the stock was nearly identical to my 10/22 & my 30-06.
this way I keep in practice for my hunting trips.

I haven't owned a repeater past my crossman bb pistol from back in the 80's.

I am interested to see if anyone does have the knowledge for your question.

·
Registered
19,141 Posts
The little break-action .177 Crossman I have is good for minute-of-treerat, but I wouldn't call it a precision instrument. I blame the inexpensive scope; airguns are really hard on optics, weird vibes or something.

V, I had to read that line about the 10-22 being an indoor toy a few times; the first time I was like "well, hell yeah!", then I realized you probably meant at a range, not in the basement. d'Oh

·
Registered
664 Posts
I have a gamo that I use all the time. Plus its cheaper to shoot than a .22 and you make almost no noise.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a Crosman pellet rifle with cheap scope I bought a wally world a few years ago and at 50' +/- it's been death to 300+ tree-rats (about 80/year). The local hawks, raccoons, vultures, etc., recycle them for me. :D

·
Premium Member
14,978 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Very happy with my Rws 34. I have a UTG 3-12x40 on it and can hit a 5" tin at 70 yards. 5/8" 5-shot groups at 35 yards. Just find the right pellets. Its very picky...

·
Premium Member
14,832 Posts
Air rifles? Did you do something to lose your right to bear arms?

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I have been looking at the Marauder. http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Benjamin_Marauder_Air_Rifle/1774 Yes they are expensive.
I currently have a 22 caliber springer break barrel single shot and would like to switch to a 22 caliber compressed air.
Not more than a rifle, and $5 gets you 250 pellets, that are actually in stock. I'm considering a .177 one.

I've heard fire stations have compressors that can refill tanks to 3000 psi. Know any firemen?

·
Premium Member
14,978 Posts
Not more than a rifle, and $5 gets you 250 pellets, that are actually in stock. I'm considering a .177 one.

I've heard fire stations have compressors that can refill tanks to 3000 psi. Know any firemen?
Dive shops can fill the tanks to that pressure. Paint ball shops could probably do fills too. Get a dive tank to do field refills. There are also hand pumps available for around $200. The fire stations refill their air tanks so they should have compressors.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dive shops can fill the tanks to that pressure. . .etc.
Oh I know. My point was almost every town has a fire station. No so with dive or paintball shops.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Air guns

Any one tried the new 25cal break barrel air guns??

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I have several pellet guns, rifle and pistol, that I shoot all the time. They are great practice guns, accurate and at the proper range, very deadly. A good airgun should be part of your survival gear. I think I'll go outside and shoot some...see ya.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I looked at the pcp's and decided that the price was too spendy for what i'd use it for. Settled on a titan GP break barrel and after installing an aftermarket trigger i'm satisfied.
Shown is a 25 yd target, top group is 10 shots, bottom is 5.

I do find the break barrel extremely sensitive to hold and point of impact changes with changes in shooting position and style, though some good groups are possible with attention to consistancy.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I do know the break barrel spring or air piston rifles are absolutly consistant. I'm looking for a repeater and/or semi-auto air rifle.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts