Any air gun experience here?

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by Vincine, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Vincine

Vincine New Member

I shoot a MkII TR at 50y+ with a scope BR & prone.

I shoot a 10/22 TD with iron sights, with and without a sling, standing, kneeling, sitting & prone, at 50’. I haven’t taken it outside yet.

These aren’t the top of the line, absolute best, micrometer required for group size, .22lrs, but I have fun with them.

What bolt repeater & semi auto air rifles would I be looking at to shoot the same? PCP? Large CO2?

Any one here have a clue?

2. Curlyjoe_99

Curlyjoe_99 New Member

Wow you are really into this.. LOL

I settled on a gammo .177 single shot-break barrel because the stock was nearly identical to my 10/22 & my 30-06.
    this way I keep in practice for my hunting trips.

I haven't owned a repeater past my crossman bb pistol from back in the 80's.

I am interested to see if anyone does have the knowledge for your question.

3. orangello

orangello New Member

The little break-action .177 Crossman I have is good for minute-of-treerat, but I wouldn't call it a precision instrument. I blame the inexpensive scope; airguns are really hard on optics, weird vibes or something.

V, I had to read that line about the 10-22 being an indoor toy a few times; the first time I was like "well, hell yeah!", then I realized you probably meant at a range, not in the basement. d'Oh

4. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

I have a gamo that I use all the time. Plus its cheaper to shoot than a .22 and you make almost no noise.

5. johnr43

johnr43 New Member

I have a Crosman pellet rifle with cheap scope I bought a wally world a few years ago and at 50' +/- it's been death to 300+ tree-rats (about 80/year). The local hawks, raccoons, vultures, etc., recycle them for me. :D

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  6. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  7. mbcoulter

mbcoulter New Member

Very happy with my Rws 34. I have a UTG 3-12x40 on it and can hit a 5" tin at 70 yards. 5/8" 5-shot groups at 35 yards. Just find the right pellets. Its very picky...

8. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Air rifles? Did you do something to lose your right to bear arms?

9. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Not more than a rifle, and $5 gets you 250 pellets, that are actually in stock. I'm considering a .177 one.

I've heard fire stations have compressors that can refill tanks to 3000 psi. Know any firemen?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  10. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Dive shops can fill the tanks to that pressure. Paint ball shops could probably do fills too. Get a dive tank to do field refills. There are also hand pumps available for around $200. The fire stations refill their air tanks so they should have compressors.

11. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Oh I know. My point was almost every town has a fire station. No so with dive or paintball shops.

12. wghuffman

wghuffman New Member

Air guns

Any one tried the new 25cal break barrel air guns??

13. dalefan88

dalefan88 New Member

My daughters red ryder and my daisy. Fun guns since no one has 22lr in stock. I took the scope off of mine. Could never get it sighted in.
    image-3621734374.jpg

14. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

I have several pellet guns, rifle and pistol, that I shoot all the time. They are great practice guns, accurate and at the proper range, very deadly. A good airgun should be part of your survival gear. I think I'll go outside and shoot some...see ya.

15. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

I have a Gamo 440 Hunter .177cal. It's an excellent pellet rifle and great for back yard practice and plinking.

16. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

Sounds interesting....

17. orangello

orangello New Member

18. spottedpony

spottedpony New Member

I looked at the pcp's and decided that the price was too spendy for what i'd use it for. Settled on a titan GP break barrel and after installing an aftermarket trigger i'm satisfied.
    Shown is a 25 yd target, top group is 10 shots, bottom is 5.

I do find the break barrel extremely sensitive to hold and point of impact changes with changes in shooting position and style, though some good groups are possible with attention to consistancy.

Attached Files:

19. Vincine

Vincine New Member

I do know the break barrel spring or air piston rifles are absolutly consistant. I'm looking for a repeater and/or semi-auto air rifle.