Anti-gun Senator Shoots Intruders

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by funnyrunner, Sep 29, 2009.

1. funnyrunner

funnyrunner New Member

Why did he even
    have a gun!!!!!

Typical hypocrite liberal… . Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder

See link to story below ;

This NC Democrat State Senator is a
    die-hard anti gunner. He has voted for every anti
    gun bill that has crossed his desk, but when someone invaded his
    house, he picked up a gun for self defense.
    Hypocrits! See another news article below

74-year-old N.C. state senator shoots, wounds intruder at his home | Richmond Times-Dispatch

Aug 24, 2009

Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his
    home just outside Tabor City, N.C. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the
    prosecutor for the politician's home county said the victim
    Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the
    injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex
    Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen and Brunswick counties.
    The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff's Department are
    investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was not arrested, declined to
    discuss the incident Sunday evening.

"I am not in a position to talk to you,"; Soles said by telephone. "I'm right in the middle of an investigation."

Soles, a top-ranking Democrat and the longest-serving member of the legislature,
    already was the subject of an SBI investigation over sexual misconduct
    allegations with former male clients.
    The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general
    public, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he
    believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim.

In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do As I Say And Not As I Do"
    Anti-Gun Activist Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what
    apparently was a self-defense shooting. Why hypocritical you may
    ask? It is because his long legislative record shows that the
    actions that he took to protect his family, his own response to a
    dangerous life threatening situation, are actions that he feels
    ordinary citizens should not have if they were faced with an identical situation.

It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety
    is far more valuable than yours or mine. But, this is to be expected
    from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids,
    and protect our families better than we can.

2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

AMAZING!!! Even the anti gunners want to exercise their 2A rights....idiots! Apparently he is one of the "better" people in America and clearly he knows how to use a weapon better then anyone else in this country which is why he had one and decided to use it. Again, IDIOTS!!

3. jwhirl413

jwhirl413 New Member

needless to say, i'm not getting to spit much fire these days, i'd much rather be in the woods with some firepower...

4. jwhirl413

jwhirl413 New Member

he's a moron, too bad he's draggin our state into it, i wonder what his lib buddies think of him now, maybe they'll disown him...

5. jwhirl413

jwhirl413 New Member

I wonder if the intruders new he was anti gun and assumed he would be unarmed, if so, this makes a great case for being pro gun, wouldn't you say?

6. orangello

orangello New Member

That would be doubly ironic and quite funny.

7. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Just the kind of scumbag politician the citizens of Tabor City deserve-an anti-gun queer.

8. meek

meek New Member

Would it have been better if he had been shot and killed? Hypocracy is great, sacrifice to prove the relevency of 2nd ammendent rights is better.

9. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Anyone else think its interesting that this article is over a month old yet this is obviously the first any of us are hearing about it? Gotta love the MSM....

10. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Good catch Greg! How about some follow up on what has happened with the "Good Senator"??

I find this kind of amusing and would really like to see some tough questions asked. I am all for his right to protect his own, but it pisses me off to no end that he has long been against you and yours' Rights to do the same.

I am glad he wasn't hurt - but on the other side of the coin, if he was, it would have been interesting to see the spin of an anti-gun Senator unable to protect his home when the B.G.'s show up....

I would like to see an honest to goodness house walk of everyone that votes against 2A and see how many of them actually have weapons of their own already...

JD

11. funnyrunner

funnyrunner New Member

"I would like to see an honest to goodness house walk of everyone that votes against 2A and see how many of them actually have weapons of their own already..."

Don't you realize that they are "special" and so deserve special rights to protect themselves and their families?

12. feedsasquatch

feedsasquatch New Member

Nope, not at all. CNN would have been all over that and the Democrats would have rallied for greater gun "control" because one of their own was killed by a gun. Oh, and more taxes for more police and more taxes for more prison space for those that don't register their guns properly...

I hate 2-faced politicians, which is why I don't like 99% of what comes out of Congress these days.

13. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

No, I don't recognize that, nor do I share that particular viewpoint. And I assume you were being cute, since you posting about the story. :D

Liberals are just one victimized crime away from growing a brain....

JD

14. hydrashok

hydrashok New Member

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.
    - Animal Farm, George Orwell 1945

15. orangello

orangello New Member

LOL @ the Animal Farm reference, so true.

16. WDB

WDB New Member

Go figure a politician says one thing and does another:eek: I expect many anti gun politicians own firearms. Most politicians will say what ever it takes to get the popular vote then do what ever they want personally.

17. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

Most anti-gun politicians are not against owning guns. They are against anyone else owning guns! In their (little and dysfunctional) minds it is all about power, who should have it and who should not.

18. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

They believe since they are high profile they need guns and security. The American public has the police to protect us..........which they are not responsible for doing. :rolleyes:

19. AmericanPatriot

AmericanPatriot New Member

Just be glad you don't have Diane Feinstein as your Senator. When she was in SF she had a gun prmit when no ordinary citizen could get one.
    She has also said if it was up to her all guns would be banned from public ownership.She has stated that the time isn't right yet for her to get her gun ban passed but the time will come.
    Nancy Pelosi, Oboma, Reid, and Feinstein should all be turned out as soon as possible. They are a clear and present danger to our country.

20. Ezliving

Ezliving New Member

Longest Serving NC State Legislator Charged With Assault
    Laura Colarusso | January 7, 2010, 4:51PM

North Carolina State Senator R.C. Soles Jr. (D)

North Carolina State Senator R.C. Soles, the longest serving legislator in the state, has been charged with assault with a deadly weapon.

Soles, a Democrat and an attorney, allegedly shot one of his former clients on Aug. 23, 2008 and inflicted serious bodily injury, according to the indictment.

A local television station, WECT, reports that the victim and another man had kicked on the front door of Soles' home. Soles claims the shooting was done in self defense.

Longest Serving NC State Legislator Charged With Assault | TPM LiveWire