Anti Gun Nuts!

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by CipsterX, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CipsterX

CipsterX New Member

I find that most of the people I talk to about firearms that are anti gun are really ignorant to the facts and clearly are confused.
    I just got into a big debate with my supervisor whom is very anti gun. He thinks that we are a gun toting jack asses that love violence.

Very sad that people exist like this.

2. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

You should have pistol whipped him. ;)

3. CipsterX

CipsterX New Member

Oh he is a total ******* in fact I can't stand working under him but the actual job I love so I stick it out until something better comes a long. Believe me he needs to be pistol whipped.

4. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Just ask him, If you had a choice of using a gun or watching your wife and/or daughter get raped, what would you do? Just hope he is not kinky and loves his wife.

5. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Next time tell him, if you loved violence as he says, you'd have already f'd him up...

6. CipsterX

CipsterX New Member

Yeah right story changes then.

7. PositronDave

PositronDave New Member

Amazing how many people are anti-gun, yet they enjoy living under the freedom provided by the people who fought for it, using, and making sure we had access, to guns. George Washington didn't wave a stick at people, he shot at them with a Flintlock, people seem to forget this.

8. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

For most of my life, I was 'gun ignorant', too. Please be tolerant of this person and teach him about guns instead of getting angry with him and maybe confirming in his head gun owners are not nice people. I met a man who kindly, patiently changed my mind about guns by knowing facts and meeting each point I made with a counterpoint. He did NOT belittle me or tell me what an idiot I was. He was able to convince me with facts and with his patience that all guns and gun owners weren't bad and I went to the range with him, had a great time and became a gun owner myself shortly thereafter.

Arming yourself with facts and lots of patience will go much farther in proving your point than name calling and belittling. I know because I was 'one of those' once. I truly just didn't know any better.

9. CipsterX

CipsterX New Member

Yeah but the guy is an ******* to begin with regardless of what we are talking about. I just smiled and said your entitled to your opinion but I feel you are very misinformed.

10. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

Just as soon as the Black Pissers learn how to communicate with one another, anti-gun people will be scrambling to get armed.

11. be_free

be_free New Member

"Black Pissers"?

12. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Yeah, I don't understand this, either.

13. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'm going to bring religion into this, in a way...

Convincing an anti gun person that guns are not bad, is very similar to convincing an atheist there is a God, or an atheist convincing a Christian there isn't one.

A lot of these beliefs come from long ingrained indoctrination of a particular way of thinking, and it's very hard to convince someone that the beliefs they've held for most likely all their life are wrong.

Look at it this way... How easy do you think it would be to convince you, "knowing" what you know, that guns really ARE evil? You're simply fighting the battle in the other direction, and unfortunately some people just can't be convinced. It's best to just let it go sometimes, and agree to disagree.

If your supervisor is just an overall douche, you have my sympathies.

14. phildenton

phildenton New Member

I believe, that by "black pisser" they were reffering to that resurrected terrorist group, the "new" black panthers, i was raised by strong anti gunners, by being patient and knowledgable, one of them, my aging mother, is ready to learn to shoot, get a handgun, and license to carry, the rest are a lost cause

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  15. FatTire

FatTire New Member

Agree... Put another way, you can't reason a person out of a position the didn't reason themselves into.

16. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Ask your super if they have a first aid kit at home.
    Then if he has a fire extinguisher.
    Then why does he have them? (Most of the time the answer is because the ambulance or fire department cannot respond fast enough.)

Then ask him to explain why he expects the LEO's to respond faster than the others.

You have a tool to be used "Just in case of...." that you have learned to master, just like First Aid, CPR, or fire prevention.

17. Shade

Shade New Member

I feel for your situation, but becareful if he is your supervisor. He could
    have significant influence over your job and career.

My current boss is trying to work on his wife so he can get more into
    firearms. The biggest challenge is that they are both from England
    so there is alot of education to be done.

Sometime when I run into people that are anti-second amendment
    I play turn around with the first amendment. Stating things like I
    don't think anyone should be allowed a pubic opinion unless they
    have a college degree (if the person you are speaking with does not.
    Or that you should be regulated in what you say, etc. etc. Or that
    only Christianity should be the only allowable religion. And then
    when you have them really pissed off. Point out that those are the
    some tactics being used on our Second Amendment freedoms.

18. levelcross

levelcross New Member

I hate that some people have that mindset about guns and their owners.

We shoot out in my back yard sometimes, and a lady down the street kept complaining about it, she even started a petition to get it banned. I have over 5 acres of land and a great place to shoot without fear of stray bullets hitting someone or something. I think she had 2 signatures on her petition when she gave up.

19. Polygon

Polygon New Member

I've found this to be the case most of the time as well. It really irritates me because I hate extremism. I don't know why people can't grasp the concept of moderation. Too much of anything is a bad thing, and that includes opinions.

You don't like guns, fine. Is it right for you to try and force your misguided opinions on others, no!

20. phildenton

phildenton New Member

Right on polygon, and dan, im going to use that, thats genious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.