Anti-Gun activist breaks Gun Free Zone Law

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by mseric, Feb 9, 2014.

1. mseric

mseric New Member

Dwayne Ferguson a anti-gun activist and a proponent of the Safe Act showed up at school with a gun causing about an hour long "Lockdown".

Ferguson said he often carries a gun, but didn't realize he was still carrying when he entered school property.

His fellow anti-gun activists are claiming it was an honest mistake and he should not be charged with the two felony counts.

I wonder if the "I forgot" defense would work for a "Pro-Gun" activist that did the same thing?

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-reg...tes-defend-man-who-had-gun-in-school-20140207

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i hope they make an example of his stupidity. what a contradiction. an anti-gun actvist and he carries a gun.:rolleyes:

3. QueenGlamis

QueenGlamis New Member

The majority of them probably do, it's do as I say not as I do...

4. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

You should be aware of carrying a firearm.

5. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Many anti-gun activists insist on laws due to psycho social problems they have. They know that they are not responsible and not to be trusted. Therefore everyone else must be incapable of self control or individual responsibility, and require government intervention in order to be held to those standards.

6. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

True. If you are not, why are you wearing it?

You hear all the time about holsters - "It's so comfortable I forget I'm wearing it" - but I believe this is a stretch. You may have comfort but as soon as you start moving around - especially when learning of a possible gunman on campus - I don't think you are not going to remember.

7. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

or...I better get a gun because there are lots of others out there wearing them.

8. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

This makes perfect sense what a dummy

EZ

9. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

What goes around sometimes comes back around.

10. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i like that!:D the irony of an anti-gun activist getting caught with a gun in a Gun Free Zone!:eek:

almost poetic justice in a way!:p

11. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

This one will be interesting to see how it unfolds...Bet it gets no National media..and just goes away..

12. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Look at what NY has done to innocent travelers caught by delays. It is persecution and prosecution to the max and no excuses allowed. No excuses should be allowed here but probably will be. If the guy was a true activist he would plead guilty and accept the consequences but more likely he is just another hypocrite like the people in office that passed this abomination.

13. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

Sounds like do as I say not as I do.

14. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

hmmmm I usually notice when I'm without one.

Had to go into a federal building a month ago, and also a county building.

No one batted an eye, when I removed my belt with the metal buckle, dropping my belt and empty holster into the basket.

Turns out the county would have checked my fire-arm at the door.

I'll be easy on those who 'forget', it not that they forget so much that everything is normal when the gun is on the hip.

In this case, I think that the guy should be used in another way.
    Hypocrisy, lot's more mileage to be gained by pushing his view that the guns are ok.... Kinda like a jut-jitsu move. Use their momentum.
    Heck, if he could avoid prosecution, he might just change side! :)

15. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Be careful what you ask for, you my just receive it! Seems that is what happened to this dude. The irony of it is he will be a felon now if he is convicted (as he damned well should be!) and can no longer possess a firearm. That is as it should be IMO. The only recourse would be to repeal the law but even if that happens his conviction should stand barring a pardon from Cuomo. The political price that would have to be paid would be too great though If I understand New York politics at all. However, Cuomo could issue a pardon as he is leaving office with little fallout. This has happened before http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/08/esteban-nunez_n_1867393.html

16. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

I sorta agree with your notion. But ...

He apparently is very anti...pushed along with others for the SAFE Act. Let him make the first pro-gun move...then we can talk.

17. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

Oh..... come on.... Wouldn't you love to see the ACLU fight the case and law.

18. JonM

JonM Moderator

normally i would say dont prosecute but hypocrits like this should be prosecuted and sentenced to the fullest extent of their own repressive anti-american laws. no bail, no parole, no early release, hard time

19. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

I went back and read the article s-l-o-w-e-r and more completely.

Since he helped author the law, I 'll update my view to 'fullest extent of the law' also.

the futzing douche deserves it.

20. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Actually I would love to watch that fight! The ACLU, however, has a stated policy that is in direct contradiction with findings by the SCOTUS regarding the individual right to bear arms. I am not sure they would take the case, but they might...

This from their website (emphasis in bold is mine):