Anschutz Achiever .22 rifle

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by ManInBlack83, Oct 9, 2010.

1. ManInBlack83

ManInBlack83 New Member

My first rifle was an Anschutz Achiever that my dad bought for me when I was nine. Nice hardwood stock, hooded front sight, adjustable buttplate. I absolutely loved it and thought it was the best rifle in the world.

It got sold a few years back and I've decided to buy one to pass down to my son.

I can't find one. ANYWHERE.

Now I'm searching desperately to find one, and I'm afraid I may be S.O.L.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I think this was also known as the 1451, and there was a single shot, and a box magazine model.

Anyway, get out yer checkbook. Anschutz 1451 22 Lr Sporter : Bolt Action at GunBroker.com

If you have never done an internet firearms purchase, you will need to have a dealer in your home state that will recieve the rifle for you. Most charge $25-$100 for that. Gunbroker home page has a "find a FFL" function.

3. Biohazard2

Biohazard2 Active Member

4. ManInBlack83

ManInBlack83 New Member

I believe the 1451 may be the same rifle, only with a different stock. The one on GB that you provided the like for sure looks like a fine rifle that's in good shape to boot. I may have to seriously consider that one.

Here's a few pics of the achiever.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. johndt45

johndt45 New Member

If you are still looking you are in luck. I have one that I bought for my daughter when she was 15 but does not shoot it any more. It is in excellent shape, no dings or scratches and the bluing is 100% If you are interested let me know

6. ManInBlack83

ManInBlack83 New Member

johndt45,

I am interested, PM sent.

7. johndt45

johndt45 New Member

ManInBlack, Thanks for your interest. Since I cannot sell it directly it is on consignment with Purcell Custom Firearms at 540-661-3392 for details and shipping information. You will not be disappointed in this rifle which includes a 3x9 scope

8. ManInBlack83

ManInBlack83 New Member

Thanks johndt45. Called when I got home and left a message.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  9. ManInBlack83

ManInBlack83 New Member

Talked to Ned this morning and USPS money order is on it's way to Purcell's. Thanks for giving me the heads up on your Achiever. There is going to be one VERY happy little boy this Christmas!

10. johndt45

johndt45 New Member

ManInBlack, thanks for the update. You will not be disappointed with the gun and I hope the price was reasonable. More that that your son will really enjoy his first 22 this Christmas. My daughter enjoyed shooting it and now it makes me happy that your son will enjoy it. Send me an update when the gun is in your hands. Thanks.

11. johndt45

johndt45 New Member

Dec 9th 2010.....We have not received your check as of this morning. Please call Ned and let him know if you are interested or not. There are other buyers interested in this gun. Thanks for your attention. Johndt45

12. johndt45

johndt45 New Member

ManInBlack....we have not received your check as yet. Please call Ned and let him know if you are still interested or not. Other buyers have contacted me on this gun. I will not hold this gun indefinitely. Thanks for your attention in this matter. Johndt45 12/9/2010

13. ManInBlack83

ManInBlack83 New Member

johndt45,

I apologize about the delay with the money order. It was mailed via Priority Mail with delivery confirmation on 11/30 and a delivery attempt was made yesterday, but Purcell's was closed for bluing. 9 days via Priority Mail....unbelievable ( I have the tracking info to confirm this, and will be calling USPS again). I spoke to the local post office, and the 1-800 number for the Postal Service and voiced my disgust and aggravation about this delay. I was told they were experiencing a high volume of mail due to the holiday season, at which point I politely explained to them that I paid $5.60 for a service to ensure the money order made it there in a timely fashion and the " high volume " was irrelevant and merely a poor excuse.

After seeing your posts, I spoke to Ned and he said one way or another, you will have the money today. I'm sorry about the delay and please accept my sincerest apologies. I'm extremely disgusted with USPS right now. I sent a money order the same way to Winchester, Va on 11/17 and it was delivered on 11/19. I figured it would be the same with the money order for your rifle, but I guess not. Apparently from now on I need to send money orders via UPS for consistent service.

I called Ned at 11:38 after seeing your posts. He's aware a delivery attempt was made yesterday and assured me, one way or another he will have the money order today.

Again, please accept my sincerest apologies.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  14. johndt45

johndt45 New Member

Thanks....

for the update and I understand the problems with USPS. Maybe the Chinese should take over so we can get better service for our money. I know you are sincere about buying this gun for your son, but internet dealings can be difficult to understand since we do not know each other. No problems on my part and once Ned gets the check the gun will be on its way to you. All I can say is you are getting a "great deal for your money" You will not be disappointed. Thanks again for keeping me informed. John