Another sign of the changing times we live in...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by StainlessSteel215, Mar 11, 2013.

1. StainlessSteel215

StainlessSteel215 New Member

I'm 30 years old and I dont know about many of you (I'm assuming predominantly males between 40-65) but as a kid I loved playing with the little green army soldiers. I had very detailed battle plans and well thought out positions for each of them when I had "pretend wars" with my brother and friends. Nothing better than a rainy day skirmish and trying to argue over who shot who first

I mean cmon, these little green figures were symbolic of a dying breed of noble Americans, our beloved soldiers who fought in WWI and WWII.

This article just rocked my world....and the guy's comments in the end are so very true. Some folks are fast forgetting our roots as Americans

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t2#/video/us/2013/03/08/dnt-cupcake-controversy.wnem

2. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

Very sad...... I am 31 and grew up playing with toy guns and the little green soldiers as well. Now it seems you need therapy if you let your kids do the same. :confused:

3. Ruger22lr

Ruger22lr New Member

I used to have green army men, tan army men and grey army men. I also had little toy tanks and airplanes that I used to play with when I was growing up. Also had toy guns.

4. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I used to have a lot of those when I was young. WTF is wrong with people?

5. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

The media tells us that toy guns and/or anything related to them are "bad/evil" and there are a lot og sheople who are stupid enough to believe everything that the libtard media says.

Make no mistake about it, we are surrounded by stupid people!

6. vance

vance New Member

all goes back to the 80's. Transformers, GI Joe, comic books... "too violent for today's youth". Get rid of the guns and give them walkie talkies that shoot friggen rainbows.

7. fireguy

fireguy New Member

When I started grade school in the mid '60's a bunch of us boys would spend recess time playing war with green army men. Nobody cared in the least. When a plane from McConnell air base came over and gave off a sonic boom, it just made it more real. I don't think any kids under 25 would even know what a sonic boom was.

8. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm 15 (16 on the 13th) I remember having a pocket full of them everywhere I went and setting up little battles in the dirt.

9. cotex

cotex New Member

Friggit I'm buying some for my five year old, girl!

10. vance

vance New Member

They suck now! All Chinese crap! half of them dont even stand up!

11. orangello

orangello New Member

Remember the ones with the plastic parachutes? My friends and i took turns winding the chute around dude, chunking him up toward the sun, and watching to see where the lil dude landed.

I will say though, that i would've expected some crap over army figures on cupcakes in a public school in this day and time.

12. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

I remember tieing them to balloons, letting them fly and then shooting the balloons with my air pistol.

13. WonderingMind

WonderingMind New Member

I found a bunch of really old ones at Goodwill. All made in Japan.. 500 for $3.00 Now when my nephews come over they have something to play with.

14. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

i had a bunch of those too. took longer to set up the battle field than it did to actually play, and knock em over. hehe

15. StainlessSteel215

StainlessSteel215 New Member

lol @ the glory days of army men collectors in here!!

16. andichrist

andichrist New Member

It's all a scheme to brainwash America's young that guns are bad so that if they can't ban all guns today, 30'yrs from now all these young people will be anti-gun and they will finally be able to ban them then.

17. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

I will not even get into the details of me and my friends made up combat missions when we were young. Riding through neighborhoods and alleys on our bikes armed to the teeth with plastic guns and hiding in the bushes of houses in our neighborhoods after dark. He'll the police would probably have us in cuffs now. And my only crime ever.... Friggin speeding tickets. Therapists would now have you believe that by letting your kids play cops and robbers or army soldiers, you are somehow turning them into sociopaths. What imbesils.

18. firelt

firelt New Member

Screw the libtards! I bought my grandson a belt fed, fully automatic, tri-pod mounted nerf gun. Then I taught him how to build an emplacement and employ effective fields of fire (he's 5, by the way) in addition to providing cover fire while his A-gunner humps ammo and re-loads. The neighbor kids won't know what hit them. He keeps begging me to buy him a gun and take him to the range.

19. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Talk about changing times, a local kid was suspended for eating a pop tart into the shape of a gun. A picture of the pop tart was on the news. One had to have a vivid imagination to see the pop tart as a gun. The little green soldiers would get a kid sent to a foster home. :rolleyes:

20. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

Mine were red and blue and were revolutionary war soldiers with the tricorn hats and as close to a muzzle loading rifle as they could get in figure 1" tall. Also cannon, and cannoneers.

I think I ordered them out of the back of a comic book, but that was 40+ years ago and I can't remember for sure. I do wish I knew what happened to them though. I think my youngest brother happened to them but am not sure.