Another shooting: Ex Marine kills two co workers with AK-47

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by gmaster456, Aug 31, 2012.

1. gmaster456

gmaster456 New Member

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

3. gmaster456

gmaster456 New Member

Sorry. I don't go by the state forums much.

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Me either, I just hit New Posts and see which ones look interesting. That one was started there, so I joined the discussion. :eek:

5. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

"A heavily-armed ex-Marine rifleman in camouflage gear gunned down two co-workers in a New Jersey supermarket rampage before killing himself early Friday, officials said."

this REALLY kills me (no pun intended!).

i am "heavily armed" everytime i go to the deer camp then!!! wtf???:eek:

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

You carry a former Marine in camoflauge gear to your deer camp? Wouldn't it be easier to just let him walk for himself? :p

7. cswann1

cswann1 New Member

I would agree that carrying a semi-automatic or automatic rifle and a side-arm could easily be interpreted by non-gun enthusiasts as "heavily armed". It's a matter or perspective.

Regarding the story, that is really sad. I wonder why a 23 year old man is an ex-marine. What happened to his military career and how did he end up working a graveyard shift in a supermarket? The article says that family "were unaware of any mental problems". I think it's safe to say that there were mental problems. Well adjusted and happy/content people doing usually go on a murder/suicide binge. That's one of my biggest worries about our society...nobody talks to each other about how we feel. That kids own family hadn't a clue that there were feelings building up inside him that drove him to this. These days it's only acceptable to tell someone how you feel if you are lying on a complete strangers couch paying them $300/hour it seems.

8. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

But I thought those were illegal in New Jersey. They ought to make a law against laws that don't accomplish anything. But that law would probably be illegal after it was drafted.

9. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

Oh my god you gotta be kidding me, what are these people doing?!
    Say goodbye to your military type rifles. Uncle Sam will be knocking on the door for them in a few months.

10. vincent

vincent New Member

Liberal agenda...

1-Run this story front and center to "inform" the public...but neglect to make mention of the 200 times today a gun saved a life...

2-Place blame at the feet of the NRA...

3-Place more blame at our feet...(gunowners)...err, umm, redneck gun nut whackjobs...:mad:

4-Demand more "laws" because we have "A right to feel safe"...(I still laugh when they spew this crap out...That amendment must have been in the OTHER Bill of Rights...:rolleyes:

5-Re-new the AWB because its just SOOOO important and effective...

6-Do all this as quickly as possible, must exploit tragedy for political gain...

Attached Files:

11. m72law

m72law New Member

Shouldnt ''We'' start asking the media/government/ect... (where did this ''assault rifle''/selective fire tools;)) come from? because those so-called assault weapons are restricted NFA firearms:p

AK-47 my ***...

If it wasnt for your rules of endangerment,''We The People'' mite have a f*cking chance:confused:

12. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Sorry and sad for the victims, seems so senseless,.

They start out by calling him an Ex Marine. they are probably correct and wrong at the same time. Every Jar head I know calls themselves Former, not Ex so maybe this snot nosed 23 year old grocery boy was a Marine for a minute but he isnt representing the Military in this case. A mowdown in a supermarket for gods sake, he may be short term Prior service but he's no Veteran!

A heavily-armed ex-Marine rifleman in camouflage gear, I guess Vets are the only ones that can get this gear! I am so glad he took the chickens way out and killed himself, sorry for the people that has to clean up after him literally and figuratively.

13. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Marine or Former Marine...Pfffft!;)

Notice to all nutty azzholes with a death wish. PLEASE do us a favor.

Stay home and off yourself with a friggin butter knife AND leave the coworkers ALONE!:mad:

Tack

14. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

Former Marine= honorable discharge or retired.
    ex-Marine= got kicked out.
    Once a Marine always a Marine.
    At least that's what I have always been taught. Of course I don't expect the media to know (or care about) the difference.

15. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Yup thats why I said Marines I know, Dont know any personally that got booted.

16. therewolf

therewolf New Member

The guy wasn't a marine.

A real marine, with a butter knife,

would have done more damage

by accident than he did on purpose.

Probably got kicked out the first week

of basic.

But this couldn't happen in NEW JERSEY,

because they have laws against these guns

in NEW JERSEY, right?

17. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

The murdering perp served less than two years in the USMC. He never served overseas and hated the USMC. Looks like the guy was a malcontent who blamed others for his problems.

The warning signs were there as they often are: No one reported the guy.

i know that area of NJ very well. Managed a job site in Old Bridge in 1996, 97 and 98. Prosecutor Kaplan is a relative of some big time developers whose firm is located in the old Johnson castle.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  18. Millwright

Millwright Member

Hmmm....So did I ! Last I knew the NJAG banned any semi-auto (regardless of caliber) capable of carrying more than ten rounds. The NJAG even banned magazines blocked down to ten round capacity. The only exception I'm aware of is semi-auto and pump shotgun users are permitted to use a "plug" to limit total capacity to three rounds.

Besides, an AK would also have a couple of other feature that put it on the "NJ banned" list. >MW