Firearms Talk banner

another reason to vote the clown out2012

6K views 76 replies 28 participants last post by  Sniper03 
#1 ·
By Pablo Martinez Monsivais, AP

WASHINGTON (AP) — Six months after Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was shot, the White House is preparing to propose some new steps on gun safety, though they're likely to fall short of the bold measures activists would like to see.

Anti-gun groups have been disappointed to see no action so far from President Barack Obama, who supported tough gun control measures earlier in his career but fell largely silent upon becoming president. Some activists were using the opportunity of the six-month anniversary of the Giffords shooting on Friday to speak up.

Spokesman Jay Carney said that the new steps would be made public "in the near future." He didn't offer details, but people involved in talks at the Justice Department to craft the new measures said they expected to see something in the next several weeks. Whatever is proposed is not expected to involve legislation or take on major issues like banning assault weapons but could include executive action to strengthen the background check system or other steps.

The shooting rampage in Tucson, Arizona, killed six people and wounded more than a dozen others, including Giffords. Two months later, Obama wrote an opinion piece in Giffords' local paper, the Arizona Daily Star, calling for "sound and effective steps" to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, including strengthening background checks. So far the president has done nothing and administration officials have signaled that no major steps should be expected, given the climate in Congress against gun legislation of any kind.

That's not stopping activists from pushing Obama. On Friday, the group Mayors Against Illegal Guns, headed by Boston Mayor Thomas Menino and New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, sent Obama a letter calling him to act.

"To prevent the next Tucson, we need a comprehensive background check system, which is what the president called for in April," said the director of the mayors' group, Mark Glaze. "That said, there are many steps the president can take on his own authority, without new laws, that could make a very real difference."

The group's suggestions included enforcing reporting laws that could have stopped the Tucson shooter from getting a gun.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Its funny how libretards prioritize things. They would not willing allow the use of doctor patient confidential info to convict laughner. They restrict transmission of patient info to destroy private medical practice to treat people. Yet they have no issue at all releasing private medical info erode second ammendment rights.

Obama and people like him just need to get th fk out if they dont like america

I can tell you whats gonna happen is they are going to use obamacare to link your medical records to nics checks. So if you have ever been prescribed medication that has an effect on depression or psychosis no gun for you. Regardless of whether the medication was used for treating toe fungus acne or baldness

#3 ·
you know something the AZ shooter was caught "RED HANDED" so why is he still breathing air? because the legal system is a JOKE so are the JUDGES TODAY now we feel sorry about his childhood or whatever was in his past so what happends today he GET A FREE PASS! even though he killed a few people so we do the retards do they blame a gun! when the last time a gun pulled its own trigger? it CANT it needs someone to pull it to go BANG! but the RETARTED DEMS DONT LOOK AT IT THIS WAY! they want to step on the people rights and ABLOISH the 2nd ADM. all to protect people from the dangrous GUNS!.Oh by the way there are something like 40,000 to 50k fed,state,local I think OBAMA needs to start to ENFORCE THOES FIRST what do you think?.

#4 ·
I've got enough reasons. Can we hurry-up the 2012 election?

#5 ·
One thing our government could possibly do to better itself is to have the "no confidence" vote such as England and Canada to throw out the obviously inept. Or possibly expand the reasons for impeachment to include ineptitude. Of course, as fractured and contentious as our society has become, these votes would be called weekly.:cool:

#6 ·
One thing our government could possibly do to better itself is to have the "no confidence" vote such as England and Canada to throw out the obviously inept. Or possibly expand the reasons for impeachment to include ineptitude. Of course, as fractured and contentious as our society has become, these votes would be called weekly.:cool:
Your RIGHT!! it should be not that hard to throw him out - maybe he can go back to Keyna and be a CHIEF in a village after he LOSES IN 2012.

#8 ·
Ok guys that's enough of calling him a clown!! Clowns all over the world are pissed because of these references. And just for the record, clowns are funny. Obama's just ______.(Insert your favorite derogatory phrase)

#9 ·
He's afraid he'll lose too much of his carefully pandered, but poorly

secured, voter support if he speaks out openly against RKBA.

He'll just weasel along till he gets re-elected, at which point he'll

have nothing to lose in trying to be made permanent ruler.

Then the constitution will be shredded, resistance will be crushed,

the guns will be seized(and from what I can tell so far, sent to

Mexico...:rolleyes:)

THEN the internet will be terminated, at which point the sheeple may finally

start waking up(dead, or in prison camp).

Hillary will probably be put in charge of the new NAZI /SS/Bundt.

#10 ·
He will only get re-elected if the Republicans cannot find a candidate that the religious right and the moderates can agree on. Obama will not get the unhappy Republican votes, they will just stay home.

That by the way appears to be a tall task right now.

#11 ·
He's afraid he'll lose too much of his carefully pandered, but poorly

secured, voter support if he speaks out openly against RKBA.

He'll just weasel along till he gets re-elected, at which point he'll

have nothing to lose in trying to be made permanent ruler.

Then the constitution will be shredded, resistance will be crushed,

the guns will be seized(and from what I can tell so far, sent to

Mexico...:rolleyes:)

THEN the internet will be terminated, at which point the sheeple may finally

start waking up(dead, or in prison camp).

Hillary will probably be put in charge of the new NAZI /SS/Bundt.
a mixed breed black colored leader of the new Nazi regime? I'm sorry I don't get the correlation.

#12 ·
On Friday, the group Mayors Against Illegal Guns, headed by Boston Mayor Thomas Menino and New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, sent Obama a letter calling him to act.
The perfect "impartial" spokesmen. :rolleyes:

Saying I won the Multi, Mega, Supreme, Ultimate, Larger Than Life Lottery TOMORROW, I would bet the whole effing thing on the following:

These two clowns VERSUS bkt and Ineffable in a standard, debate format over the Second Amendment and Personal Rights broadcast live, without commercial or 7 second delay, on the major affiliates (which I would gladly pay for).

At the end of the "debate" I would offer a 1-900 number where viewers could call in with votes as to who "won", or marriage proposals/"requests to represent them in upcoming" trials and I would EASILY make back my investment by betting on bkt/Ineffable on offshore betting sites.

The proceeds of the call in numbers would be re-routed through various US based manufacturers' of high quality, rapid fire, small arms being put in the hands of those who deserve them so we can insure the sovienty of this once great nation.

JD

#13 · (Edited)
I thought this country was founded on the belief that we would live in absolute freedom as long as it doesn't impose on others freedoms. I would like these anti gun ''American's" to explain how me owning an ak47 that stays in my locked room 99% of the time imposes on anything they hold dear to them, I would like them to explain how I am some how less mentally stable then I was before they knew I owned semi auto rifles styled after military assault rifles. I think what we need is to let collectors be, I don't see Ferrari's or Lamborghini's banned they can kill just as easy or easier than a 5.56 or 7.62 chunk of lead. I will have to steal this from a movie but... "at least my guns have a safety switch"
I think we should make every single anti gun person go through a safety course including firing weapons so they can at least know what they are talking about before trying to take others freedoms away. I don't know how many anti gun video's there are that the anti gun spokesman (or spokeswoman) has absolutely no backing to their statements and claims, one case they were trying to outlaw barrel heat shields because machine guns have them. I'm sorry but I have yet to have a shotgun (the gun they showed in video) turn into a fully auto death machine by adding a piece of sheet metal on top of the barrel.
edit: and to add I think we can all agree that a huge majority of accidents involving a firearm is either negligence or ignorance, wouldn't the smart thing to do be make it more easily available to learn up on these practices? I don't see how making it harder to get experience is going to lessen the accident rate. Criminals will always have weapons, I can tell you right now if I didn't care about the legality of the weapon I used I would have 30-40 full auto machine guns and assault rifles. It is much much easier to get an illegal gun than a legal one. All they are going to do is put out more illegal non registered ''more dangerous'' weapons into peoples hands. I guess I can see how that is better than semi auto rifles in the hands of enthusiast that have gone through the proper channels to acquire their firearms.

#14 ·
Oh and another thing I forgot.
Didn't Canada's crime sky rocket when they banned firearms? I can't recall the exact percentage but I do believe Canada's gun ban raised crime by an extreme amount, which just happened to drop to preban levels after the ban was dropped.

#15 ·
They can make whatever they want illegal and it doesn't mean it will stop. stealing, rape, murder all these things are illegal, doesn't mean they don't happen. My daddy always told me laws are for the honest people...

#16 ·
They can make whatever they want illegal and it doesn't mean it will stop. stealing, rape, murder all these things are illegal, doesn't mean they don't happen. My daddy always told me laws are for the honest people...
...made by the dishonest. Go figure.

#19 ·
Can't wait til the election. Hopefully they pick someone good to run for president. Even if they don't, They've still got my vote.

#21 · (Edited)
Can't wait til the election. Hopefully they pick someone good to run for president. Even if they don't, They've still got my vote.
All are puppets vying for the grand spotlight.
Which puppet to pick? Hmmmm .... :confused: will it be
the puppet on the right? Or will it be that spineless puppet
on the left? Ah, Minutemen!, (sigh) where are thou now
that your revolutionary spirit is required to carry us through?

#22 ·
I will cure all the problems of who to vote for this comming election. I will throw my hat in the ring of people running for President. Vote for me and I will see to it every legal American Non criminal has at least 2 guns in every closet (free of charge), 1000 rounds for each one (free of charge).

I will see to it all criminal government leaches are jailed for life.

I will get rid of all income taxes and only allow taxes on import goods, and a 1% sales tax, if the governments cannot live with this it will be time for more leaches to occupy jail cells.

Illegal alians will not be put up with cut and dry.

National deffence will be brought to a higher level. You want our help then you foot the bill for our solders.

Homeland insecurity, BATFE, DEA, DOJ, will shair cells with the hard core rapists, and felons.

The brady bunch, SPLC, peta, SEIU, Gun Violance policy canter and radical muslim fanatical terror-ists, will have a legal bag limit but you must pay for the Tag.

Anything else we will play it by ear.

opaww

#24 ·
Haste makes waste..........

I've got enough reasons. Can we hurry-up the 2012 election?
The people made thier bed let them sleep in it till 2012. I need this time to purchase more guns and ammo. If this $$%^&***&% is re elected the Sh$t will really hit the fan. This is one time that the majority should not rule. The whole damn Gov. is a cancer. I pity those in the north. And I hear that the scum of the earth is heading south. I'll need time to prepare for thier arrival. I want to make sure that I can greet them at my door step. So now I have a war on two fronts, those that are coming from the north and the mexicans and muslims from the south. Do you head for the frozen north or the gator infested swamps of the south. I've got my hiding spot all picked out, only accessable by water. Mother nature will provide. God Bless and make sure your powders dry.;)

#26 ·
I will see to it all criminal government leaches are jailed for life.

I will get rid of all income taxes and only allow taxes on import goods, and a 1% sales tax, if the governments cannot live with this it will be time for more leaches to occupy jail cells.

Illegal alians will not be put up with cut and dry.

National deffence will be brought to a higher level. You want our help then you foot the bill for our solders.

Homeland insecurity, BATFE, DEA, DOJ, will shair cells with the hard core rapists, and felons.
I'm not sure your budget will have the money to pay for all the jail cells.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.