Another reason i love Glocks

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by StanDJ77, Jul 2, 2011.

1. StanDJ77

StanDJ77 New Member

Hey whats up people, i found another reason why i love my glock. I never knew how to strip the frame or the slide, but was curious. I watched a couple of youtube vids.. and decided to give it a try. It was actually easier than i expected. I bought a 3/32 inch punch from the hardware store and got busy. Although my g23 is still fresh..only 200 rds:eek:, i wanted to be able to break down the whole gun if needed to. Now i know how, i feel a lot better:D. I dont know if any other guns are that simple to disassemble. Feel free to share other guns that are similar:cool:

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Congrats, Stan, you're well on your way to becoming a Glock armorer. It doesn't take much more except more experience. You are right, of all the guns I own the Glock is the simpliest to work on. I'm very happy with my G23 (and G22).

3. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

Heh. I won a bet with a (non shooting) buddy who had seen Scent of a Woman. I told him that I could disassemble my firearm and re-assemble it blindfolded. I used a Glock 23 and did it in about 50 sseconds to disassemble and re-assemble.

4. StanDJ77

StanDJ77 New Member

Wow thats amazing:eek:

5. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

Why did you use a blindfold if you're already blind :confused::p

6. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

Heh.. It's BlindOldMan because "Old Man That Cannot Hit the Side of a Barn From the Inside" was too long a name.

To the original post, re-assembling a Glock from field strip can be done in less that 15 seconds. I've seen it done :)

7. towboater

towboater Active Member

CZ82 and makarov are very easy. Just pull the front of the trigger guard down. pull the slide back, and lift it up.

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

Dont really need anything other than a screw driver for removing grips to detail strip 1911s and sig 22x series pistols.

9. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, My Sigma is and it has a better grip.:D

10. Thadeuce

Thadeuce New Member

That's cool that you can strip it all the way down but you should get some info about those parts from someone who knows. I took the armorer's course so I could not only assemble/disassemble, but also so I could see when parts needed to be replaced. It also helps for installing your own hop up parts.