Another question...

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by lucznik, Jan 14, 2014.

1. lucznik

lucznik New Member

So, as I've been going through and resizing my collection of brass in varying calibers, and despite trying to be very careful in the process, I had a couple of peices that formed small dents along the shoulder. I know what causes these dents (too much lube) but, what I don't know is; are these pieces of brass now ruined or can they still be used?

The dents are very small and not on the case mouth or body.

2. Bayou

Bayou Active Member

If the dents are very small, and brass is FL sized and prepared in all respects for reliading, they will shoot out.

Bayou

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

Caused by too much lube take a cleaning rod with a patch and wipe the inside of the die body

4. mseric

mseric New Member

If they chamber, load and shoot.

Also, if you die has a vent hole, make sure it is not plugged.

5. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Try annealing your cases just a bit & don`t use so much lube !...........

6. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Just follow JonM's advise. I use a dry lube on case necks and shoulders. Yes, they will fire form. However you are over working the brass. Short case life will result. :)

7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

As long as they chamber they will work. As pointed out, you are over working the brass and will see reduced case life. I clean each die after each loading session. Excess lube can build up. The lube can attract grit that will scratch the die and the brass.