Another Project(Thank God I have an understanding wife!!!)

Discussion in 'DIY Projects' started by lukeisme, May 12, 2010.

1. lukeisme

lukeisme New Member

sks.jpg

Ok so when I saw this at the pawm shop for 300.00 here I had to have it. Seems like an SKS is a very rare thing in my neck of the woods. Now I just dont know where to go with it. The guy at the pawn shop said it was pre-ban. I am not sure how to check to see if thats the truth. I just can't leave anything alone so suggestions are welcome. I was thinking a new stock. Maybe a red-dot sight I have already as you can see changed it over to a removeable mag. Any and all suggestions are WELCOME!!!:D

2. ta1588

ta1588 New Member

THAT LOOKS NICE! I WANT AN SKS NOW!!!! My local gun shop had one for 235!!! Too bad I couldnt afford it. You want to keep to wood or go synthetic?

3. lukeisme

lukeisme New Member

I thnk I am going to go with a synthetic and maybe go full on tactical. Do the whole rig. I just can't decide.

4. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Have you given your wife any bayonet training yet?

5. lukeisme

lukeisme New Member

No I am scared that she might not be so understanding one of these days;)

6. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Probably wise.

7. lukeisme

lukeisme New Member

Ok here is the first major update on the SKS. I still have along ways to go but though you guys might like to see the first upgrade. I will say that for a no gusmithing kit it took a lot of filing to make things fit correctly. I will keep adding to this thread as I do more. sksupdate.jpg

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

9. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Looking good.:)

I put a Tapco stock on mine.